I Have The Test Results

Guest Maeby Fünke

Guest Maeby Fünke

My vet just rang me with my Pug's test results...

The two skin tag-type tumours were not cancerous, they were just benign growths!

Thank god, I am so relieved! I was so worried because, of the different types of growths he's had, the skin-tag types were the highest grade (Grade II on the old system). And the pathologists told me to watch out for them especially.

His other tests came back all healthy and my vet wasn't able to find a single worm or egg in his poo. That's great news because it means the herbal worming treatment he's having is working.

Thanks for your support everybody.

Oh, this means that he has been cancer free for over six months, which is pretty awesome!

Edited by Maeby Fünke

Guest Maeby Fünke

Sorry, just noticed this. That's great news and a relief for you I'm sure. :thumbsup:

Yes, it's an enormous relief. We haven't stopped snuggling :D

I feel a bit silly now after being such a drama queen in that other thread (Breeds Less Prone to Cancer). I'm sorry to have caused so much fuss and bother, but at the time I was really distressed.

Sorry, just noticed this. That's great news and a relief for you I'm sure. :thumbsup:

Yes, it's an enormous relief. We haven't stopped snuggling :D

I feel a bit silly now after being such a drama queen in that other thread (Breeds Less Prone to Cancer). I'm sorry to have caused so much fuss and bother, but at the time I was really distressed.

Hey, it's no big deal and the thread was actually good. I learnt that pugs are prone to certain cancers.

It's hard not to feel stressed when you're battling a disease that can have dire consequences in our pets.

Guest Maeby Fünke

That book I referenced from, "The Dog Cancer Survival Guide", empowers you to take charge of your dog's treatment and teaches you how to deal with the cancer psychologically, which other books don't do. I found it really helpful. The only thing I don't agree with are their ideas on using pro-oxidants and anti-cancer drugs to fight cancer. But I think this is because I have a keen interest in natural medicine and I value quality of life of over longevity. And if my dog had a different kind of cancer, with a different prognosis, I might not feel the same way... And I can only talk about myself and my own situation.

Also, Dr Dressler markets and sells his own brand of anti-cancer medicine (called Apocaps)... But he doesn't insist that you use it and he is open to other forms of treatment, like natural medicine. I like the fact that he doesn't claim to have all the answers.

Edited by Maeby Fünke