Aggressive After Bitch In Season

Valb

I have 3 female staffys, the youngest 15mths old, she have just come out of season for the second time, all three girls have got on great, until now.

The youngest keeps attacking the middle one, she has been taken to the vet and had to have stitches, a couple of times. Any suggestion on how to handle this situation as I don't want to get rid of her she is such a really great dog if we can go back like before. I have all intention of getting her desexed in the next few weeks.

Any ideas would be great

Edited by Valb

Sexual maturity is hell time for most people with multiple dogs. Keep them separated and I would call a behaviorist in ASAP to help you manage them. Try Petresortsaustralia.com.au if you're close, but permanent separation may be on the cards. They don't call them bitches for nothing :eek:

Welcome to the world of multiple SBT females.

The best you can do from here on in, is to carefully manage the situation via separation. Do not allow them to run together when you are not home and be very careful even when under direct supervision. Do not allow them together in times of excitement and watch carefully for the signals.

Females tend to be very subtle, unlike the males who posture and make a lot of noise. The bitches may only give you signals such a lip curl or laying the ears back.

There is no going back for SBT bitches that have decided to fight.

Welcome to the world of multiple SBT females.

The best you can do from here on in, is to carefully manage the situation via separation. Do not allow them to run together when you are not home and be very careful even when under direct supervision. Do not allow them together in times of excitement and watch carefully for the signals.

Females tend to be very subtle, unlike the males who posture and make a lot of noise. The bitches may only give you signals such a lip curl or laying the ears back.

There is no going back for SBT bitches that have decided to fight.

x2

Multiple Stafford bitches is not something for the faint hearted.

Seperate them or one (or both) WILL be dead when you come home one day.

no point getting help.

You have 3 entire bitches its all about management now

..and I think help will be valuable in learning more about the whys/wherefores & the best way to mange the individuals .... :)

The best way to manage the two is to keep them separate.

Build separate runs and don't let them together.

no point getting help.

You have 3 entire bitches its all about management now

It's always worth getting help, even if they need permanent separation. The OP needs advice on what's going on, why it's happening and to understand his dogs better so they don't dig out or chew through the run to tear each other a new one if he's got no control over them anyway.