Common Ingredients In Dog Food...

kelpiecuddles

According to an information sheet I found online tonight(on a website that only sells certain very select brands of dog food) these are very common ingredients in dog food:

Spoiled rotten meat from the supermarket, styrofoam wrap and all.

Road kill that can’t be buried on the roadside.

The “4-D’s” of cattle; dead, dying, diseased and disabled

Rancid restaurant grease

Euthanized pets

Charming...

Anyone else found anything 'nice' recently?

Unfortunately when a vet tells a grieving pet owner they will “take care” of their dead loved one, they usually mean sending it off with a disposal company for rendering. This is all perfectly legal. Many veterinarians and especially shelters don’t bury or cremate animals.

Sorry but what a load of shit. The page reads like the ramblings of a nut!

This is an American page as well from what I can see.

Yes the 3 d's of cattle go into pet food.

The page reads like the ramblings of a nut!

Tell me about it! No better way to ensure I won't buy from someone than have something like this on your website! I'm not daft, I do know the lower quality meat and bone goes in to pet food but this person takes is a little far LOL

Rubbish like that is what extremist raw feeders use to scare the masses.

You only have to use a little bit of logic to see why it wouldn't be accurate:

Spoiled rotten meat from the supermarket, styrofoam wrap and all > Can you imagine the likes of Eukanuba paying for a truck and driver to go around to supermarkets to collect unsold meat? The quantity would be so small it would not cost the cover of the truck and driver expenses.

Road kill that can't be buried on the roadside > Just too laughable to even comment on...seriously...Eukanuba sending out a driver to pick up dead bodies off the side of the road or sending an unmarked vehicle to the council's waste department to pick up road kill? Again such a small amount and just such a silly comment.

The "4-D's" of cattle; dead, dying, diseased and disabled > Yes, that would be correct...you don't expect human grade meat in most commercial dog food do you?

Rancid restaurant grease > as per above for rotten meat and road kill.

Euthanized pets > LOL yeah.... Little Bonnie is being purchased by Eukanuba instead of going to landfill.

Edited by sas

Think you would pay to go and read the Australian Standard on manufacturing of pet food and stop spreading bulls^&^%t basically.

It makes no commercial sense at all for a manufacturer to engage in any of those practices - from a reputation or cost perspective.

Euthanized pets would hold a huge health risk, as would roadkill. I call BS lol.

If you call BS then why post such misinformation online? You are just perpetuating the myths (and making yourself look a tad foolish).

Euthanized pets would hold a huge health risk, as would roadkill. I call BS lol.

If you call BS then why post such misinformation online? You are just perpetuating the myths (and making yourself look a tad foolish).

MUP didn't post it, kelpiecuddles did.

MUP didn't post it, kelpiecuddles did.

I was like wha.... :laugh:

I think I read this before, their theory was that if the US FDA didn't specifically ban it then pet food companies could use it. (or something like that, I think they dug around and found something they could quote).

The euthed animals, sounds like tin foil hat stuff. But then again you have to consider what people are afraid of.....who would have thought that a piece of chicken jerky or a bag of irradiated pet food could kill. Or that melamine or toxic ingredients were finding their way into pet foods.

The the US have regular recalls because of tainted ingredients, I assume this fuels that paranoia about manufacturers and their ingredients.

I kind of expect my dog food to not be mooing as I dish it out.

aww come on, you should let your chis hunt, it's more natural and a healthy option.

Bahaha the only hunting my dogs do is in their toy box.

I kind of expect my dog food to not be mooing as I dish it out.

aww come on, you should let your chis hunt, it's more natural and a healthy option.

Bahaha the only hunting my dogs do is in their toy box.

Sounds like mine. Any animal that gets killed by my dogs deserves to die :laugh:

Pretty sure the op wasn't taking this seriously. Because well, it's pretty easy not too. They asked if anyone else had found something 'nice'?

I haven't particularly read anything but I did come across a butcher the other day selling pigs heads. And whilst my dogs would love them I would not... There is a line a vegetarian can't cross for her dogs.

Years ago, in the US,apparently a batch of pet food was found to contain traces of lethobarb. The most likely explanation that was found for this was that a cow/horse had to be euthd by a vet that for some reason used lethobarb instead of their normal methods of sending sick cattle on their way. Using cats and dogs is a bit way-out. And as for all the other crap, i doubt it. But if youre that worried just make your dogs food yourself.