4legs Vetpro5

Lemonlime

ive been getting the green pkt ones.. which Renae loves and Miah gets a few balls a couple nights a week in conjunction with her raw meals..

I haven'tr seen the new range yet.. will look out for it ;)

Miah gets raw kangaroo mince as part of her diet anyway ;)

Edited by Jules❤3Cavs

In the last few months I've stopped feeding my dogs dry food completely and I was doing the morning feed Barf and night feed the Vetpro5. All dogs did very well on this arrangement, including a growing 6 month old Bulldog pup, but as I have 4 dogs it was becoming too expensive so I have given up the Vetpro5 and replaced it with lambs hearts and or another raw meat.

I'll still use it occasionally though as the dogs really liked it.

The ingredients of the product on their front page look like the ingredients of your average tinned food.

Rice flour and gelling agents.. not what I'd call "all natural", even if it's raw.

I guess they are calling gelatin/gelling agents natural since it comes from animals :laugh:

With a protein level of just 12.7% & fat @ 5.2%, would that be enough for an active dog :confused::confused:

I have often wondered the same about canned/soft food. The protein levels are half what the dry food is - how is that enough :confused:

I believe it's because they have to take moisture into account (for example if the food is 50% water then the other 50% is the other ingredients, if you know what I mean) Happy to be corrected though.

I've used 4 legs for years - go through about a pack a week with my two, but I only use them for training treats.

Edited by pie

I just don't get how they can say market it as a premium version and they cannot even define the meat source, kangaroo AND chicken and/OR turkey. I use their normal range for training occasionally. I just buy whatever one is on special but haven't seen this on special yet.

And yes the analysis is different due to water content, can't remember how to convert it to a dry matter basis.