Looking For A Great Area To Live With Dogs

snifferhound

We want to move to a dog friendly area where we can enjoy life with our dogs. We are thinking 5 to 20 acres, and we don't want to move more than two to three hours away from KCC Park. We don't plan to have more than 6 dogs at a time, give or take a "visitor". We don't need to worry about schools, or public transport but we don't want to buy into an area we will want move out of in a couple of years. Any suggestions ?

Edited by snifferhound

Hi snifferhound.

We had a similar criteria to you and have bought a 5 acre block in Heyfield. It is a beautiful area, quiet, dog friendly and only 2.5 hrs from KCC Park or less. We don't plan to build for another few years though.

There are quite a few 5 acre blocks being developed and some lovely properties of similar size also.

I have spoken with the ranger out there and they are quite easy going. Getting additional dog permits does not seem challenging. Can't quite recall the amount of dogs you could get permits for on 5 acres as we only inquired about 4, you would have to chat with Wellington Shire.

Good luck with your search. :)

Hi snifferhound.

We had a similar criteria to you and have bought a 5 acre block in Heyfield. It is a beautiful area, quiet, dog friendly and only 2.5 hrs from KCC Park or less. We don't plan to build for another few years though.

There are quite a few 5 acre blocks being developed and some lovely properties of similar size also.

I have spoken with the ranger out there and they are quite easy going. Getting additional dog permits does not seem challenging. Can't quite recall the amount of dogs you could get permits for on 5 acres as we only inquired about 4, you would have to chat with Wellington Shire.

Good luck with your search. :)

Thanks Dyzney, we'll go have a look around. We'll never have a lot of dogs, but just want the freedom to relax with what we have. 5 acres is perfect in the right environment, thanks again.

Cootamundra. I currently own 7 dogs (give or take a foster) our neighborus own 5, 3, 6 and the people around the corner have 13 working dogs on their property (well cared for) and the council are fine about it. Some lovely large blocks and rural properties available just out of town :D

I second Wellington shire area. I'm in Won Wron (not far from Yarram) and I love love love it!! The only problem for me is that the fencing here is not great and my dogs are not yet stock safe, but we will fix it (and that's not a council issue:P). In terms of council regs, I know that you can have up to 5 without a permit, and up to 10 without a lot of hassles. I think it *may* be slightly different if the dogs are entire, but mine are all desexed. And the properties are fairly cheap around here too :D

I second Wellington shire area. I'm in Won Wron (not far from Yarram) and I love love love it!! The only problem for me is that the fencing here is not great and my dogs are not yet stock safe, but we will fix it (and that's not a council issue:P). In terms of council regs, I know that you can have up to 5 without a permit, and up to 10 without a lot of hassles. I think it *may* be slightly different if the dogs are entire, but mine are all desexed. And the properties are fairly cheap around here too :D

disintegrates, are you on over 5 acres?

I am not familiar with Won Wrong, but it sounds great.