Dog Boarding Around Sydney - Am I Stuffed?

chokpa

Called around to our usual places and they seem to be all full! Can anyone recommend a boarding place or a licensed dog minder of some kind? Just send a request to top dog minders. Left it too late as I wasnt sure whether I would be going on the holiday or not due to work. Regretting it now!

My second question is, our dog is quite large (45kg GSD) and sometimes has a rough introduction. He doesnt like it when other dogs don't let him get a good smell. We used to have another dog at home (passed away :( ) as well as chooks and he is fine with all of them. Was previously professionally trained I believe (we are the third adopter). Very respectful of the house and will never come in unless invited, jump on you etc. Would he be neglected at a dog boarding place because his aggression would be much more intimidating than other smaller dogs?

Thanks!!

Edited by chokpa

I am not in Sydney, but this recent thread may give you some suggestions

http://www.dolforums.com.au/topic/251568-dog-boarding-kennel-recommendations/

Another option is http://www.dontfretpet.com.au/, admittedly expensive, but maybe it is worth it for peace of mind?

Thanks.. Yes very expensive! And probably full too.

Thanks - I will look through it and contact (probably) the entire thread haha

I can thoroughly recommend Meadowmist at Marsden Park - my last boy stayed there frequently over the 10 years that we had him and our 7 month old pup is just back from a weekend there - although my boys are at the other end of the size spectrum to yours - Maltese!! I often see large dogs such as GSD there - they have large runs for day time and standard kennels for night time. Not sure what time of year you are looking at though - if it's Christmas you might be leaving your run a bit late.

Meadowmist also have a pickup and delivery service - not sure if you need that, but its a nice added extra if you do.

I think I probably posted on the above linked thread :laugh: