Underarm Rash.

airlock

Hi,

My puppy has developed a rash under his front leg (underarm/armpit) it looks like he has been scratching at it as there is a few brakes in the skin and a some dried blood. We noticed it around 2 days ago ago and we haven't actually seen him scratching or biting it so it doesn't seem to be irritating him all that much right now.

He is due at the vet next month anyway but i'm wondering if i should take him in sooner.

Any ideas what it could be and if it needs looking at?

I had a mixed breed foster who got this after lying on freshly mown grass. Washing the are several times a day with malesab and not letting him on the grass cleared it quickly.

My 5 yr old mini poodle recently developed this (pretty sure it is contact allergy - probably pollen from pine trees as the rash is decreasing and pollen has too) I am using calendula tea to reduce irritation with some success. When it first started it was her feet, tummy and underarms and now it is just her underarms. Washing affected areas definitely Helped - and keeping her inside.

no we don't use a harness, only a lead. it doesn't seem to smell at all and there doesn't seem to be any puss or fluid, it just looks dry, a little like eczema.

I'll start by cleaning it a few times a day and seeing what happens, i did think allergies but its only on the one spot witch is a little odd.

Hunter had a similar sounding thing when we first got him... not sure if it was a contact allergy but has pretty much disappeared since we removed all grains from his diet. I did notice it came back a little bit last week (not as severe as it was). We also use Thoroughbred fix cream of it when it does come upwhich seems to clear it up within a couple of days. It seems to be very soothing, he goes all floppy and relaxed as soon as you put it on lol. The link for the cream is http://www.thoroughbredfix.net.au/ if interested :)

Whilst you're working to try to find the cause, brew some Calendula Tea, let it cool and apply. It's natural, gentle, yet very effective in soothing irritated skin and fighting against possible secondary skin infection.