GREYHOUND 4

HARRIER 1

IRISH WOLFHOUND 11

PETIT BASSET GRIFFON VENDEEN 5

PORTUGUESE PODENGO (SMALL) 1

RHODESIAN RIDGEBACK 36

SALUKI 8

WHIPPET 36

I'm hoping to come to the show as a spectator and to see and hopefully meet some different hounds. The Borzoi, Saluki, deerhounds, wolfhounds and whippets are all on my list to see (a bib will be worn to manage the drooling).

I was going to post about etiquette. I've contacted a couple of whippet people and they have invited me to come over and introduce myself. But what is the done thing? I'm guessing avoid people before, during and immediately after the class, admire dogs from a distance, ask permission before taking photos, definitely ask permission before touching a dog, absolutely do not feed a dog anything but what am I missing?

Edited by Brandiandwe

I think you've got the main ones, I'd just add in ask them if now is a good time to talk, they may need to groom, walk dogs etc, and so may come across as not keen to have a chat when really you have just caught them at a bad time. Have fun!!!

Hi Brandiandwe. :) It would be lovely to meet you. Come find me - I'll have two light red/orange & white borzoi, and one dark red & white one. Anytime other than breed judging - I'm pretty laid back with grooming and can groom and talk... or maybe just after judging if I'm completely out of breath!!

And the Borzoi people have a Club meeting at around 230pm so won't be available then either. Deerhound people will likely be with us or nearby.

Cheers, Natasha

Hi Brandiandwe. :) It would be lovely to meet you. Come find me - I'll have two light red/orange & white borzoi, and one dark red & white one. Anytime other than breed judging - I'm pretty laid back with grooming and can groom and talk... or maybe just after judging if I'm completely out of breath!!

And the Borzoi people have a Club meeting at around 230pm so won't be available then either. Deerhound people will likely be with us or nearby.

Cheers, Natasha

Hi Natasha. I'll definitely come to introduce myself but will wait till after the judging! I think husband and I are hoping to get thereby about 11.30. Really can't wait to see your hounds up closer. Borzoi have always fascinated me and I've always wanted to 'meet' one.

Fiona