Is This A Stupid Idea...

Lasareina

Haha yes eccentric will probably describe us pretty well :-p thanks for all the tips... Can't wait to see what outlandish contraption we end up with haha

I'm hoping the handle of the pram will help act as a brake system for cats.. And downhill and help steer as well ... Yay for optimism :)

Yep I imagine you will need one of you to hold their leashes and one at the pram to apply brakes if needed.

As someone said, look at making the connection between the pram and harness rigid so it doesn't run into them :)

If it doesn't work out, you can always by them each a doggie back pack. My boy has one and can easily carry six kgs of stuff in it :) With both of them, there should be enough to pack your picnic stuff in. It keeps him really well toned too :)

Yes solid traces does sound like a good idea...

I have been eyeing off those back packs for a while Raineth .. there were some for sale on the K( website I saw last night... so close to buying haha. Sounds like they would be good even for just taking a supply of tennis balls with us to the park etc. Pretty easy to convince myself that we NEED them... probably not so easy to convince the OH when I show up with yet another piece of doggy paraphernalia

thanks for the info Tiger Jack.

Here is a photo of the original pram (sorry if it's huge... I don't know how to make it smaller :-/ )

Pretty good for $10, right?

I will upload photos as we go along. Knowing the pace at which things get done around my place, you might be waiting a bit :laugh:

Great for $10

If you have trouble with steering frontwards, try backwards. My mechanical sense isn't always right, but I think the front wheel is going to be a problem for steering.

We saw a kelpie towing two senior cit SWF's down the foreshore last week, all parties looked thrilled. Was lovely!

Oh, that deserves a write up and pix in the local rag.

There's a doggy day out in the area next week, if they're there I'll ask if I can snap a few for you all. Haha.

aww Stephm that sounds so cute :) ... we were joking that Hunter could pull Juno along when she gets tired, but in reality Juno will go about 10x longer and harder than Hunter in anything, so I don't think that is going to happen :laugh: It would be a bit mean making Juno pull hefalump Hunter around.