Help! Bitch Is In Season Away From Home And I Need To Save The Int

DesertDobes

As per the topic title, I have been surprised by my 18 month coming in while we are away from home. She is bleeding quite a bit and we head home today so I'm thinking I will need to put a toddler nappy on her or something to keep my car from getting wrecked.

Any suggestions for makeshift bitches pants? She weighs about 25 kg and is 65 cm tall

Just found this that might help. Good luck!

You can also put a pair of men's or boy's underwear on her. Put the underwear on backwards and put the dog's tail out through the fly. If bleeding is heavy, affix a female pantyliner or menstrual pad inside of the underpants.

men's undies will probably be to big - get a pair of child undies and cut a hole a hole for her tail - use a panty liner and don't forget to take them off when she needs to toilet.

This. I only forgot to take them off the once... Certainly learnt my lesson...

Maybe it is a breed thing - our standard poodles and mini never minded at all - actually used to step in and out of the nickers just like little kids when you are dressing them :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: It meant that they were able to carry on as normal in the house getting on the couches, bed etc so I found it very useful. Much easier than wiping down the walls because a standard poodle in season had a good old shake

Edited by frufru

Yes, I also used the underpants so the dog could still get on the lounge and bed with us, she was very unhappy when she was confined to her bed due to drippage... Somebody said there wasn't meant to be much coming out but with my dog there certainly was enough to drip, each time (we let her come on 3 times and then spayed) and according to the vet everything was perfectly normal. It was also a tad smelly btw...

Foxy was actually happy to put her pants on, just like she does with the car harness or collar, because after she put it on she was allowed on the lounge. She never tried to take them off, either. As a matter of fact, she was so comfy in her undies that when I accidentally let her out with them still on one morning she went head and took a big dump in them..... After that I never forgot again

I have a picture of the arrangement somewhere, I will see if I can find it...

46507_10152160667860371_78936781_n.jpg

Edited by BlackJaq

Yes, I also used the underpants so the dog could still get on the lounge and bed with us, she was very unhappy when she was confined to her bed due to drippage... Somebody said there wasn't meant to be much coming out but with my dog there certainly was enough to drip, each time (we let her come on 3 times and then spayed) and according to the vet everything was perfectly normal. It was also a tad smelly btw...

Foxy was actually happy to put her pants on, just like she does with the car harness or collar, because after she put it on she was allowed on the lounge. She never tried to take them off, either. As a matter of fact, she was so comfy in her undies that when I accidentally let her out with them still on one morning she went head and took a big dump in them..... After that I never forgot again

I have a picture of the arrangement somewhere, I will see if I can find it...

46507_10152160667860371_78936781_n.jpg

Oh no!!! lol