Greyhound Rescue In Canberra

Hello,

We are moving to Canberra in the new year and I was looking at trying to start fostering Greyhounds. Doing a Google search there really doesn't seem to be any around that service the ACT or the surrounds.

I was wondering if anyone in here knew of any? We are happy to drive to pick up if needed as Sydney is really not that far.

Any help would be appreciated!

Hi Kobi'sDaisy

We hope you enjoy your move to Canberra :)

There is no specific greyhound rescue around here, however there are all breed rescues who take Greyhounds. I foster with ARF (www.fosterdogs.org) and we currently have two greyhounds available for adoption. I was minding Hudson for a bit and he is LOVELY.

Hope that helps?

Regards

Raelene

Thanks for the ideas everyone, I have contacted a few and looks like it definitely is possible, both from rescue's in the ACT and NSW!

SkySoaringMagpie: I have had the opportunity to meet a number (sadly) coming through the AWL over the last 3-4 months and have really enjoyed each and every one of them. I never really thought of a sighthound rescue, so thanks! I don't know a lot about them, other than a few breeds but would love to know more.

Thanks again everyone, just need to sort out a house that will accommodate my hopes for 2014!