Microchipping Whose Name?

Sasha (Alexander)

I have recently chipped my litter. They ahve been registered to my name and will be changed over by the owners - I have all the paperwork to do so. That way if for any reason the new owners don't change it or don't get around to it the puppy is in my name so I will be contacted.

In Vic yes. They can be chipped and the details can be in the new owners name ( if the pup has owners at this time). Or they can be done in the breeders name in which cas the new owner needs to change the chp details into their name an address and also register e dog with the council.

Yes, in NSW you record the details in your name and then when the pup is sold you complete a transfer document with the new owners details. It is your responsibility to submit it too. Not the new owners. :)

Yep, in NSW it's your responsibility as the 'old' owner to complete the paperwork and send it in. You can get pinged if you don't.

Yep. When I purchased Kirah from my breeder, she had the change of ownership microchip form mostly filled out and ready to go. I filled in the missing info and signed when I went to view the pups at 6 weeks.

My breeder then sent away all forms at 8 weeks when I picked her up.

I was posted back Kirah's pedigree papers with her signature though as I needed to pay for change of ownership and send it off.