Dog Sunscreen Recommendation?

LisaCC

Nova still has parts of his nose unpigmented, mostly on the top, it is filling in quickly though. I have been using Sunscreen wipes that I bought from Petbarn on him, and he is pretty good and has never even tried to lick it off, but this afternoon he got quite sunburnt after only an hour playing with another dog even though I applied it. frown.gif

Can anyone recommend a stronger puppy safe sunscreen?

This photo is from earlier today before he got burnt, he was burnt on the very top part of his nose, not the pink bits near the nostrils.

IMG_1202_zpsa3dc2eb2.jpg

Edited by LisaCC

Dotdashdot, did you get yours from Petstock?

Certainly did :) Although i'm sure Petbarn would sell it too.

Thanks, Petstock tomorrow it will be. I've spent WAY to much money there laugh.gif

The petbarn here only had the same brand as the wipes, they can be a bit lacking at times.

I have tried human sunscreen before, but for some reason thats the only one he licked off!

I have one branded Vetbasix. It's really thick and contains bitters so they won't lick it off. I use it on Cleo's pink spot on her nose, it's only really good for small patches because of the thickness. If you don't wash it off it stays on for days.

I use this one on my Aussie who has a nose just like your boy :)

She does lick some of it off but I figure all I can do is apply it as much as possible.

Thanks all, I picked up some Vetbasix sunscreen this morning. Great stuff! It's so thick! Made his Muzzle look super clean and white!

Good to hear! Yea, I like it coz it makes Cleo's pink area white, so blends in well with her fur! I'm glad she's not a sun worshipper, it would be hard to smear all over her belly!