Pet Insurance

Lv Poodles

Lost previous dog to illness couldn't afford vet bills. The dog is 5 yrs old that I am thinking of adopting. Is pet insurance worthwhile only exist on aged pension have no back up. Miss not having a dog was thinking of pet insurance. Any companies stand out ?

Cheers! Lv Poodles

http://www.dolforums.com.au/index.php?app=core&module=search&do=search&andor_type=&sid=52599990f3c76b8a4b2b89f688b5ef0a&search_term=%22insurance%22&search_app=forums&st=0

Do you have the dogs medical history, or is it a rescue? Before signing up to any insurance, contact them and make sure you're aware of their policy on dogs with potential unknown history, as well as how the costs increase, or cover may decrease as a dog ages.

I wouldn't be without insurance, personally, but it's a personal choice. If you do a search you will get a lot of info.

http://www.dolforums.com.au/index.php?app=core&module=search&do=search&andor_type=&sid=52599990f3c76b8a4b2b89f688b5ef0a&search_term=%22insurance%22&search_app=forums&st=0

Do you have the dogs medical history, or is it a rescue? Before signing up to any insurance, contact them and make sure you're aware of their policy on dogs with potential unknown history, as well as how the costs increase, or cover may decrease as a dog ages.

I wouldn't be without insurance, personally, but it's a personal choice. If you do a search you will get a lot of info.

Many thanks... its a retired stud dog had all tests assume he's healthy as he's just finished his last job before retirement

So he's never seen a vet, never been treated for anything?

Most insurance companies will ask for a dogs complete medical history from every vet it has been to, so if you have all that you'll be fine. If it's never seen a vet, they will be suspicious.

Edited by minimax

Many thanks... its a retired stud dog had all tests assume he's healthy as he's just finished his last job before retirement

So he's never seen a vet, never been treated for anything?

Most insurance companies will ask for a dogs complete medical history from every vet it has been to, so if you have all that you'll be fine. If it's never seen a vet, they will be suspicious.

Yes! He's got all the creds your'd ever want. Healthy Vacs up to date etc. Mainly want info if insurance is worthwhile...looked up a few Real seems to be best at this stage middle cover as basic doesn't cover ticks as in that area and that's about all I could afford.