How To Get Started At Dogs Shows.

hugsandkiss

Hi all,

Very new to this site. I've just brought a new purebred dog and I'm wanting to get started in a dog show. I'm a stay at home mother, so I have all the time and patience in the world. but I'm not sure where to begin, if anyone could help put me in the right direction. I'm thinking of starting next year but I'm going to go watch a few dog shows if thats permitted in the near future.

thanks!

Step 1 - is your new dog registered on the ANKC Main Register? What breed is he/she?

How far away is your dog's breeder - they are often the best person to get you started.

ETA: you will find a lot of information in this thread

Yes, anyone can attend a dog show. You will have to join Dogs NSW in order to exhibit your dog and if he/she's a pup, I suggest you get into the ring with him/her while she's young.

Edited by Haredown Whippets

Your breeder should be your first point of call :) They can asess the pup you have and guide you.

Otherwise head down to some shows and have chats with people of your chosen breed (what breed? there might be few here that can help you!) Then register with you state governing body and enter a show :)