Canned/tinned Food

Lemonlime

Still, I'll bet my tooshie that everyone advocating only raw or natural for dogs still eats commercial foods themselves and feeds it to their families, even if its only butter or bread. It's a strange world we live in. :laugh:

Funny you mention that, I was only thinking this over the weekend. I myself keep away from processed foods as much as possible and try to shop only in the first part of the supermarket (deli/fruit and veg) because in the end humans aren't meant to eat proceed rubbish food either and I would say 98% of people still do.

Absolutely. I try to eat as natural as I can but I do not live in a world where that is easily achievable for me or my dogs.

I'm also reading a very interesting book that I picked up recently. It puts up arguments against the 'feed dogs like wolves' concept (ie feeding raw meat and bones). It isn't the focus of the book and I didn't realise it went into this theory but I find myself nodding at so much that is written.

The book, for anyone interested, is called "Inside of a Dog - what dogs see, smell and know" by Alexandra Horowitz. Alexandra is a cognitive scientist.

• 2 weeks later...

I only use it when i have to give them medication ... they are buggers when it comes to taking tablets.

I dont care what people feed their dogs... as long as they are fed and well cared for :)

Same here. I keep a few cans of Ziwipeak or Artemis grain free and put a little bit with the kibble when I have to feed medicines.