Vets For Triennial Vax In Sth Coast-wollongong Areas?

kelpiecuddles

I agree OSS. But at the same time if i have made a clearly thought out and considered statement as to why i am following a particular course of treatment with my dogs I don't think it's her place to basically talk down to me as if I'm going to kill my dogs. It may be that I choose to go elsewhere next time as a result.

If she is talking down to you - which is unacceptable anyway - refer her to this AVA site.

http://www.ava.com.au/node/1049

Well I asked my local vets and they said they won't do them "because they like to do the annual one so the dog gets a yearly check up". All well and good for them but my dogs are there plenty anyway and I'm quite comfortable with my ability as an owner to ensure my dogs health is checked when needed. :mad

But the KC component is still annual so their reasoning makes no sense.

I agree OSS. But at the same time if i have made a clearly thought out and considered statement as to why i am following a particular course of treatment with my dogs I don't think it's her place to basically talk down to me as if I'm going to kill my dogs. It may be that I choose to go elsewhere next time as a result.

I'm pretty sure I live near you KC and am wondering if this is the vet that tried to upsell to me (I hate upselling!). I'm now going to the South Nowra clinic and am very happy with their service.

Not 100% sure, but think Glynis @ South Nowra signed off as due in 3 years for our dogs (C3).

Pretty sure I had that AVA info sheet with me as didn't want to over vaccinate them.

3rd yearly C3 us not new!

"Duramune" brand name.

If I'm wrong, am sure you could have a sensible discussion about it with her or Tony.

To be honest, I really only vaccinated for kennelling after puppy vaccs. adults.