Dog Friendly Places In Qld

Lasareina

If you come up the other way, the far end of Hastings St has an awesome dog beach. Also the area between Peregian Beach and Sunrise Beach is dog beach and it stretches for lots of kms.

Not sure where these arebut definitely sounds like worth a bit of research! I usually only go Sunshine Coast way for the Woodford Folk Festival lol but sounds like might be worth a trip out for the pups!

I was thinking the same thing, so I'm glad you asked. I'm particularly after places to go swimming safely.

We took our pup to Colleges Crossing near Ipswich on the weekend, and it was great! perfectly set-up for dogs (if you go slightly upriver of the main area, there's a little causeway over to an island in the river, and it seems quite a few people take dogs there). Lots of shallow water and deeper bits, and sandy rocky areas. He had an absolute ball.

I was feeling really happy about it, until I heard yesterday that apparently it's really well known for having bullsharks there :( I'm very glad we were swimming in the middle of the day, but I'm freaked out now!

Looking for somewhere to swim without any nasties!

Haha I was all excited (Ipswitch not that far away) and then I read Bullsharks!! hmmmm Hunter has big teeth but I think a sharkie might come out tops of that match up :p Bummer sounded great! Maybe it's just a urban legend or a few people fear mongering?? Ipswich seems an unlikely spot for sharks (drawing on my extensive marine biology knowlege here ... not)

The best one I have found so far has been at Runcorn - nice and large with lots of trees and bushes to sniff :laugh:

The Runcorn one? - through the park and up a narrow rutted track?? If so, this is where the Stafford club lure racing used to be, know it well!

I think it may be a different one... just down the road a little bit from the soccer club and directly opposite a big oval and a bridge? i only discovered it because my stepdaughter had soccer up the road and the puppies were fractious and in need of a walk before sitting to watch the game lol. we didn't make it back - I sent the OH to go watch the game and we stayed and played with all the other dogs :laugh:

Runcorn Park is great...big park and LOTS of dogs but watch out for dogs that are not de-sexed...sometimes they get into fights..generally it's a BIG park and very nice