What Lens

JackC

Hi all,

I'm having a blast with my A37, had it now for about a year and have picked up allot, got it as a tax prezzie to myself with the 18-55 and 200 lens combo but my 200 was stolen in Singapore on our holiday :(

so looking for another lens to get, the 18-55 3.5-5.6 works fine for portrait like distance but I find it hard to get nice action or outdoor shots with it

Anyone with any experience with this camera or any Sony compatible lens or heck lens's in general maybe bestow some advise

Edited by JackC

I have a Sony a580 and recently got myself the Sigma 70-200 f2.8. So much nicer than what I had.

The 50mm 1.8 is a cheap, fast little lens. Not a zoom though so depending on the distance away for action not always great but nice for portraits and indoor photos.

I also have the Sony 18-250 which is quite a nice versatile, all in 1, walk around lens. Not super fast but I have had plenty of nice dog show and herding photos with it provided light was good.

thanks piper, I was looking at the sigma's. I'm heading to the Melbourne digital show in a few weeks so will see if there are any show specials on then I can nab.

I'm looking for a 200 to 300 zoom lens for action shots, not just dogs though, I also photograph aerial photography, mainly large scale model aircraft.

Looks ok. Have a look for reviews and see what they say. I don't know that lens specifically.

When I am looking for anything I spend ages looking at reviews on different sites also for photos taken with the same lens that you are looking at.