My....how Different We Look Without Our Long Hair

Marion 01

When a dog grows a long coat it is so hard to imagine what they actually look like without it. Mia and Maddie are now 10 months old and their coats were growing so beautifully, but with fleas and ticks being a big issue, I would rather they be clipped short. So a couple of weeks ago they got the #10 blade all over except their tail and ears. To say they look totally different without their coats is an understatement. They are still very difficult to tell apart.

Yeh CrazyCresties they looked like black satin when they were clipped, I love feeling their fur. I thought I had broken them when I first clipped them, as they didn't play for 2 days, Every time they moved their tail hair would tickle their rear end and freak them out and also trying to figure out how to play without the hair to latch onto. But now it's old hat, and they grab onto legs or whatever they can. To look at them with their coats on you would never pick the breed for their exceptional agility skills, but can understand why when they are clipped to show actual body style.

They're so beautiful with and without their long coats Marion 01 :D

Their build is more substantial than I thought under all that hair - I kind of imagined TTs to be finely built for some reason but they have the appearance of a larger type dog.

*adds TTs to the would like to own one day list*

They are beautiful dogs Whiskered, we have had them since 1994 when we got our first show TT, then many more after that. Very addictive breed, one is never enough. Mia and Maddie are a bit finer than I am used to, but it all depends on the lines they come from too, some are more heavy boned than others.

wow look like totally different dogs :laugh:

Frodo's mum, it's hard to imagine what they look like without their coats, comes as a bit of a surprise that they are small under all that fur.

Edited by Marion 01

I can believe it, Little Gifts, it's a bit of a shock when you see them clipped for the first time.

Waiting at the vets a couple of years ago, a dog came out of the consulting room who looked like (memory is failing me) a Staffy x JR. Turns out he was a pure Westie who had been shaved to try to find ticks.

Your black satins are very beautiful, Marion 01.

Thanks Danny's Darling, they are sweet girls. Would you believe they will be 11 months old in 6 days time and have never had a bath. They smell as sweet as the day they were born, and so smooth and lovely to run hands over, thank heavens for non odour dogs. Am waiting for some non perfume castile liquid soap with neem, olive oil and coconut oil in it, and will bath them then rinse them with vinegar water rinse.

lou x, I did a google search the other day looking for a home made dog shampoo recipe, and came across one that was made from clear liquid soap, so googled that and this castile liquid soap came up and I had heard of it, so checked out a few sites, and there was an ebay site that has all these castile products. The ebay number is 360135799414. So after reading all about it, I ended up getting some. Am dying to try it, supposed to be very gentle, can even be used on sensitive skin as well, so we will see.