Wanted Small Dog In Brisbane - Famtastic Home Guaranteed

A friend in Brisbane is looking for a small dog. Age or type doesn't matter. She currently has a small staffy bitch who needs a friend so I suggest a male. Inside/outside dog - mostly inside. Well fenced garden. No need ever ignored as she always put the dogs needs above most everything . Vet attention guaranteed when necessary. Professional grooming will be done if necessary. Older single lady who loves her dogs and nothing is too much. She does have grandkids at weekends so dog will need experience with kids. Just a friendly little dog who gets on well with her current dog and someone who loves a cuddle on the couch would be a bonus. Anyone have a rescue in Brisbane who may suit?

Pepe, just up the road at Nambour, is one of the Q'ld rescues I can't recomment more highly. 4Paws Animal Rescue.

And they presently have a Tibetan Spaniel, Tibby, whose lovely nature (& with other dogs) shows why some of us are Tibbie tragics.

In foster-care, so his carer would provide a full description (says she's fallen in love with him.... well, she would :) )

I'm sure 4Paws would be very helpful if the lady has any worries getting to Nambour.... even tho' it's close to Brisbane.

Fine people at that rescue... & a lovely dog. (I'm about to mention him on the Tibetan Spaniel list).

Scroll down to see Tibby with his big, happy grin:

http://www.4pawsanimalrescue.org.au/dogs.html

Edited by mita

Another Tibbie that has charmed his foster carer...it is just as well these guys are adopted fast or they would all be foster failures!

I speak from experience! laugh.gif

I am thinking though, that a terrier type would make a hardier companion for a staffy, even the small ones are like little steamrollers in play!!

There is a woman nearby to us that was trying to get rid of a 12 month Chinese Crested at the tiny local markets on Sunday...he is Pedigree. She had her phone number on the advertisment but it doesn't connect. I looked on the 'Reverse Numbers' directory and my OH has gone round to her place twice but no one at home. I am still trying to see her as I bought a fishing rod from her at the markets and left it at her stall (a good excuse to go to her place)

The CC (a little cutie) has dark skin and some long hair on his head. The woman who owns him now said she can't afford to get him desexed and wants some money to re-emburse for his plane-flight costs (about $175), so the dog is not really FTGH.

PM if you are interested and we will go round again and see if she has a mobile number.

Another Tibbie that has charmed his foster carer...it is just as well these guys are adopted fast or they would all be foster failures!

I speak from experience! laugh.gif

I am thinking though, that a terrier type would make a hardier companion for a staffy, even the small ones are like little steamrollers in play!!

You'd be surprised! My tib's good friend is an Am Staff who comes to stay, they play hide and seek which usually involves tib sneaking up somewhere high, jumping down on the staff then darting off.....whilst stopping to check the staff is 'chasing', before he then chases her - zoomie time! ; p It isnt long until he's worn her out and they are snugglin on the sofa.

Saying that as with all dogs it is down to personality and play style :)

I promise this is the last. :) Beat this.... Tibetan Spaniel takes on three Tibetan Mastiffs.

By 3/4 time, the TMs are on the ropes... so they bring in a 4th Tibetan Mastiff. Still can't knock the little guy out. His biggest threat seems to be running into the back of a Mastiff as it flees... & being sat on when a big one needs a rest. :) :)

Edited by mita