Reggie And Smudge At The Park

Some of you may have seen in KTB's foster thread that little Smudge now lives with me :D

Smudge is doing really well. I'm sure she has grown, but I see her as soo little, might be because I'm used to my huge boofa Reggie! :p

Smudge and Reggie are the best of friends. Smudge spends most of her time chasing/ following Reggie around or chomping on various bits of him. I'm surprised he has any neck fur left.....

Yesterday we went to the park and I finally remembered to take my camera! So now to bombard you with photos!

The Gang. Starring Reggie the Kelpie, Smudge the Kelpie/BC/ ACD, and featuring Holiday and Indigo the BCs.

185_zpsd3ba490b.jpg

170_zpscab7b221.jpg

My two beasts

168_zps65200793.jpg

147_zps24ce9a1c.jpg

451_zpsaee0faac.jpg

561_zps7863f9fe.jpg

Smudge the kamikaze cannon ball

197_zpse027960f.jpg

What do you mean I'm "Special" ? Of course I am!

547_zpse2d147ad.jpg

Yep. I love getting water shots. Unfortunately my timing is usually poor, or if I get a shot its blurry :p . So I'm pretty pleased with this lot.

The park is beautiful. Massive and grassy with three huge ovals with a creek running through, heaps of trees and a bush track end with a dam. It's big enough that you can avoid people/ dogs you don't like. I went at about 2pm Thursday and only saw one other person, peak times are busy but during the day and early mornings are lovely and quiet. :)

Unfortunately it's not fully fenced, but most of the road is fenced off and its a quiet road. It's a lovely spot. :D

OMG the expression on your tan Border Collie (sorry if that's not the correct description lol) in photos # 10 and 11. Hilarious. Great photos - i also have developed a sever case of park envy! The ones I have found near me are just a fenced of part of the human parks, probably about the size of a suburban block, with a few tress if you are lucky. sigh

The "special" BC is 'Indigo Moon' and she is a lilac. She isn't mine, but i walk/ entertain her and her sister 'Magic Holiday' who is a red and white. ( Her mum calls her a 'wheaten')

I love my local parks. I am really lucky to have lots of beautiful, and safe, place to take my dogs :) though technically we could just romp on our 9 acres.... :p

I'm not spoilt.

Much...... :o

Smudge and Reggie are besties. smudge is a little turd to Reggie but he puts up with all her "Landshark" abilities, loudmouthed-ness and her constant pinching of his things. :D

Edited by Chequeredblackdog

What a blast beautful Reggie is having with his new BFF Smudge & his groupies. Great spot for it as well. Yes you are very spoilt CBDog. I would love some land for my guys to romp on. Maybe oneday. What part of Aus are you in? If you don't mind me asking :)

Orange, Central West NSW :D

I love it here. Only problem is there is NOTHING training related in Orange :( only puppy classes and a couple of private trainers who really only do very basic sit, stay, heel, come classes in 'courses' that cost an arm and a leg.... Sigh.

So 3 days a week I drive 60km to Bathurst for flyball and agility/ obedience and back :D I'm not nuts (much :p )

If you're ever down this way....... You're more than welcome to drop in! That goes for any DOLers :D we could have a big party!

I'll be in that :party: :laugh:

I have never been to Orange. I tend to stick close to the coast. Love the water. I would like an acreage by the ocean. Don't want much really :p

Shame there is nothing training there though.... it is the same here. 120 km's round trip to the closest dog club.

Love the big park you are at. My 2 would go off running around there. They would love it :)

Awesome photo's :thumbsup:

Edited by BC Crazy

I grew up near Manly and the beaches down around Clontarf etc, but I am not a big fan of the beach.

Too much sun to burn me to a crisp (i dont tan, I lobster), sand (to get in all my things, it NEVER comes out! And it steals and buries your stuff so you can't find it), and evil stingy, bitey death inducing things in the water. Sharks, meh. it's the little things that worry me! Like jellyfish, rockfish, those little conch shells that stab you with poison, blue bottles..... :eek:

Oh and not to mention the ocean itself! Flattening you with waves, dragging you out to sea, drowning.......... Ahem :o (I'm not paranoid.... Much)

If its calm clear water where I can see the bottom, I might go in..... and I have to have 'beach only' clothing and shoes (thanks ever so much evil invading sand <._< )

Reggie has been to the beach once..... The waves tried to eat him. There they were all innocent then when he wasn't looking BAM! They attacked! :laugh: