Does Anyone Feed Eukanuba 'rottweiler'?

kelpiecuddles

Just wondering in what ways it differs from the regular large breed formula? I got given about 25kg of Euk free today as it was a few weeks past the used by and the shop couldn't sell it! It consisted of a 16kg bag of the Rotty formula and a 7kg of weight control plus a 3kg bag of senior. my kelpie is 9 years old and a little heavier than I would prefer so I'll feed her a combo of the two smaller bags which leaves the Rotty one for my basset. Since she is a large breed I figured this would be pretty suitable for her but just wondering if there is any specific differences I should be aware of.

I know they make the different breeds with different kibble shapes/sizes.

Apparently the shape of the lab one slows down eating! I'd like to see that lol

I thought this was a load of crap until I actually tried it! Got out some for a customer to try and it worked!!

As for the others - they are meant to be designed for that breed - different shaped kibble, different things added if there is a known health issue in that breed that can be helped by diet.

My neighbours dog is a Lab who I feed a lot. They feed RC Lab and she hoovers it down in seconds. They also feed the same food to their Kelpie who looks amazing on it after yrs on being on Bonnie.

I feed a pug specific kibble (Royal Canin) and the kibble is created to a specific size and hope for brachy breeds. It's meant to help them clean their teeth I think. It doesn't work on mine be use they Hoover kibble. They don't chew it.

• 3 weeks later...

Clyde maybe suggest to your neighbour that they try the RC Golden Retriever. Basically the same formulation but I was told by a customer today that the GR formula has a square pillow shaped biscuit which her dog doesn't scoff, she's used the lab one when she couldn't get GR and her retriever hoovered it straight down, the GR formula has corners so i guess it encourages them to chew it first, don't know why they don't make the lab that shape too!.