Bonding And Confidence Building Exercises?

The nervier the animal, the quicker the micro-behaviours stack up and the less chance you have to grab the right one, reinforce it, and simultaneously break the chain before things get carried away.

The difference is too I create the behaviors I want, I show the animal what it has to do to gain reward. I don't wait to capture because it's too unreliable for me. Why make an already stressed animal guess when you can just show it.

Thank you so much for the advice and ideas. He is coming along slowly. He has now come inside on his own 3 times. :) He just jumped up on my bed and wagged his tail at me, but then ran away when I reached out to him. He makes me sad because useless people have made him this way. :(

He will come right up to me, he even jumps up against my legs. He follows me around and he will take food from my hands no worries. But he doesn't like to be touched at all. :( He is now sleeping at my feet but he is keeping an eye on me.

That sounds fine :) It'll come .. body contact in any form is great! :) have you tried a soft brush , just when he's relaxed.. let him see/sniff it ..then run it smoothly along a side ..or just above his tail ...if he sits for a few seconds..let him sniff it again ....repeat ... if he jumps up .. let the brush drop ,so he can see/sniff it again ...with no hand attached :)