New Friends!

kelpiecuddles

We have planned a meet up tomorrow arvo for a walk at the beach so that my girls can meet 3 other bassets, including Angelica who will hopefully be our girl down the track! My oldest son is very excited about the prospect of meeting 'his new show dog'. (he's decided he's gonna stack em with the best!) Here's hoping all the doggins play nice and we can look forward to Angelica joining us later in the year after her 'sister' has her next litter.

post-6758-0-38784100-1377343550_thumb.jpg

Edited by kelpiecuddles

Went well :) We got back from the beach and realised neither of us had thought to take a single photo LOL The girls were great though and Angelica happily trotted along being led by my 9 year old and 4 year old, the little girl child had her all sorted, she's more stubborn than a basset LOL

We thought we'd make up for it by taking a pic when we got back to the house but we couldn't get the dogs to stay still AND face the camera :laugh:

post-6758-0-94525600-1377514041_thumb.jpg

They were very cute on the beach, I think 'must be absolutely insanely in love with kids' should be part of the breed standard, they had to say hello to every kid the met on the beach and Josie even went and stood right in the middle of an 'island' that some kids had made by digging out a circle of sand, the kids thought it was hysterical :laugh:

There were many smiles on the beach at the sight of a stack of bassets and one kelpie who i'm sure spent most of the walk rolling her eyes at her ditzy walking companions :

Oh yes, they adore kids, I'm yet to meet a basset who hates kids(I'm sure they exist, just haven't found one yet!). Even her other basset who isn't very outgoing and wouldn't come anywhere near me was happy to go and check out the children!

Alex likes her and got a demo on how it's done :)