Home To House Full Of Wee... 3rd Time This Week

westiemum

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jack wees in the house sometimes if he thinks he has been left alone and we haven't gone through his "separation routine" of food puzzles etc. This happened the other day when I went upstairs and forgot to shut the baby gate into the carpeted areas - sure enough found a puddle in one of the bedrooms on the carpet :( Hasn't happened in ages - must be peeing season :)

Thanks Rosetta - thats a really good idea - assuming the technology is simple enough for me! embarrass.gif

Powerlegs the Stilboestrol has been a God-send. Sarah has just started on it too at age 12 and hasn't had an accident since - and she seems happier - her accidents used to really distress her. And certainly with Mac it might be something as simple as a dosage adjustment. How does your spy cam work? Did you set it up yourself?

Mr Powerlegs bought a camera from eBay called a Foscam.

Then he did some nerdy things that I'm a bit vague on so you might need a techie DOLer to help.

He got a static IP address, an app for his iphone and set up everything via the main computer. So somehow..the images (and sound) go from the camera, to the computer and he can log in from anywhere with internet connection anytime because the IP address never changes.

You can use the speaker as well to talk to the dogs. I don't recommend that, they don't like disembodied voices. :laugh:

ETA have you done the CCD survey for Mac? Just to rule out cognitive changes.

This one is by a drug company but most surveys use the same questions.

Edited by Powerlegs

1377748660[/url]' post='6286817']
1377430127[/url]' post='6284279']

Thanks Rosetta - thats a really good idea - assuming the technology is simple enough for me! embarrass.gif

Powerlegs the Stilboestrol has been a God-send. Sarah has just started on it too at age 12 and hasn't had an accident since - and she seems happier - her accidents used to really distress her. And certainly with Mac it might be something as simple as a dosage adjustment. How does your spy cam work? Did you set it up yourself?

Then he did some nerdy things that I'm a bit vague on so you might need a techie DOLer to help.

He got a static IP address, an app for his iphone and set up everything via the main computer. So somehow..the images (and sound) go from the camera, to the computer and he can log in from anywhere with internet connection anytime because the IP address never changes.

You can use the speaker as well to talk to the dogs. I don't recommend that, they don't like disembodied voices. :laugh:

Hmn... The camera bit sounds a bit tricky. Will go back and look at Boronias video when. I get a moment. Yes did deerhound owners survey at her website sometime ago which suggested Mac certainly had mild canine dementia. I did this one too - thanks for posting - Mac has a couple of symptoms in each category. I don't think he's got a lot worse since his first diagnosis - and getting air to his brain after his laryngeal tie-back is probably helping too.

1377748660[/url]' post='6286817']
1377430127[/url]' post='6284279']

Hmn... The camera bit sounds a bit tricky. Will go back and look at Boronias video when. I get a moment. Yes did deerhound owners survey at her website sometime ago which suggested Mac certainly had mild canine dementia. I did this one too - thanks for posting - Mac has a couple of symptoms in each category. I don't think he's got a lot worse since his first diagnosis - and getting air to his brain after his laryngeal tie-back is probably helping too.

1377739451[/url]' post='6286692']

OMG! Remind me NEVER to enter into these sorts of threads. I JINXED MYSELF BIG TIME :o:o:cry::cry:

Yesterday, I had cement pathways laid through my garden and have to keep the dogs off them for a couple of days. Luckily (so I thought) I have a large undercover deck and although a couple of dogs would go out in the pouring rain rather than wee on the deck so thought I might have a bit of trouble, they are protesting at their confinement.

About to go to bed, very late (past midnight) last night, when I noticed a wee on the bed. It had gone right through blankets, sheets, mattress protector and into the mattress. Bed stripped and then out with the paper towels and water/vinegar mix. I turned the mattress (slatted bed so will dry out) fresh bedding on the bed and then put a load of washing on.

Going around the house turning off the lights, noticed puddle by the entrance carpet runner. Up with that and hang on the deck, clean the floor.

This morning awoke sniffing!!! Big wet stain right where Tamar sleeps under the bedclothes. Luckily this time only through the fitted sheet and the mattress protector had prevented the mattress getting wet. :(:(

Bed stripped again and put sheet in to soak in napisan.

Came back from walking the dogs to find a flood in the laundry as I'd omitted to turn the tap off :cry:

So here I was, although empathising with Westiemum's pain, being somewhat relieved that I wasn't experiencing it.

Murphy's Law and all that.

Is it too early for a drink?

A thousand apologies DD worship.gifworship.gifworship.gif But isn't it fun to know you aren't alone in your pain!!?? rofl1.gifrofl1.gifrofl1.gif

BTW I was told to never use Napisan (by Sheridan perhaps?) - otherwise they'll wee in the same spot over and over? Or have I got that wrong?

1377748546[/url]' post='6286815']

Jack wees in the house sometimes if he thinks he has been left alone and we haven't gone through his "separation routine" of food puzzles etc. This happened the other day when I went upstairs and forgot to shut the baby gate into the carpeted areas - sure enough found a puddle in one of the bedrooms on the carpet :( Hasn't happened in ages - must be peeing season :)

Glad to see you joining this popular growing club Rosetta! laugh.gif Now who else would care to join us? rofl1.gif

Powerlegs you need to start hiring out that hubby of yours! I've been wanting to set up something like that but can't believe it's as simple as the Dick Smith boy says.

I'm enjoying having continent dogs - long may it last!

And one hour 27 minutes to drinks time! champagne.gifcheers.gifdrink.gif

Oh goody.

My house and deck have been wee free today. They were just being cranky pants boys and girls obviously. Upset their routine and/or equilibrium and we pay for it :scold::scold:

My kitchen was wee-free tonight as well!!whee.gifchampagne.gifBut I suspect my battle of wills with Andy is not over yet!!! Hopefully another week or so and they'll be used to their new work day facilities!!

Powerlegs you need to start hiring out that hubby of yours! I've been wanting to set up something like that but can't believe it's as simple as the Dick Smith boy says.

I'm enjoying having continent dogs - long may it last!

Katdogs is right Powerlegs - you could make a small fortune!!! Let me know if he ever wants some work in Adelaide!!

Hope 'your' continence lasts for years KD!!rofl1.gif