Kenneling Dogs

JulesP

It's definitely not easy, just go with your gut and try not to worry too much (easier said than done I know).

My gut said not to put them in a kennel so I am not going away.

I don't really trust a pet sitter type person either. Too many people think that they know best and might feel sorry for the vegetarian dog and give her some meat as a little bit isn't going to hurt!

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest hankodie

It's definitely not easy, just go with your gut and try not to worry too much (easier said than done I know).

My gut said not to put them in a kennel so I am not going away.

I don't really trust a pet sitter type person either. Too many people think that they know best and might feel sorry for the vegetarian dog and give her some meat as a little bit isn't going to hurt!

Sorry to hear JulesP :( It's not easy having a special needs dog. All family members and friends know not to feed Odie anything, even if it's vegetarian. I am a little bit crazy about it. You should see how fast people scramble to pick up dropped food around here!

If you do ever go away (like in an emergency) and have to leave her it's handy to have a care sheet about her liver condition, plus the breakdown of her meds + diet. The kennel I leave Odie at has a sheet there permanently and I update it whenever something in her feeding/medication routine changes. Let me know if you ever want a copy to save you writing up your own, if I recall correctly your girl has multiple acquired shunting? Lots of relevant info broken down in simple terms, I find it's a lot more helpful than trying to explain verbally why she cannot have any meat or treats whatsoever.