Reality Litter Pictures

sandgrubber

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here we go, I just added a set to Flickr of my first litter.

There are pics there from when she was in the box and nesting (I forgot just how big she was) through to about 12 hours after the last 1 was born. You can see we ended up on vetbed and then back to newspaper as she had an oxytocin shot and we were waiting for a couple of retain placentas to pass.

Edited by piper

What a bizarre thread. The concept of the thread is totally lost on me.

Have you never looked at a celeb picture and wondered what they looked like without makeup?

I see nothing bizarre about wanting to see the real side of breeding . . . as opposed to the cleaned up side.

Hope to follow up with the week six to eight mega-mess when they're eating solid food and mum is getting tired of cleaning up.

I think people, other than breeders, need to understand what is involved in raising a litter of puppies.

Pictures taken just after cleaning up don't do the job.

I have been back through my pics and have very few messy ones - I always tried to avoid the yuk when taking pics or cropping the yuk bits out. Next time I might keep this in mind and aim for some reality pics. This is probably the messiest I have, the mess can go on for weeks as mum walks around the place, so a mop/bucket is always on the go. I have seen some rather messy reality pics from OS breeders though and the first thing I think of is they could have cleaned it up before taking pics.

1151070_664264476919923_1693746424_n.jpg

At first I thought this was an odd topic but thinking back over the years I have come across several BYB (grooming clients) who have only had one or two litters and could not stand the mess so that was it for them - so I can see where the OP is coming from. (have also groomed fluffy xbreeds in really shocking condition who were never even cleaned up after they delivered their pups - 8 weeks later with full matted stinky coats :vomit: - wish I had those pics)

Edited by Andisa

What a bizarre thread. The concept of the thread is totally lost on me.

Have you never looked at a celeb picture and wondered what they looked like without makeup?

I see nothing bizarre about wanting to see the real side of breeding . . . as opposed to the cleaned up side.

Hope to follow up with the week six to eight mega-mess when they're eating solid food and mum is getting tired of cleaning up.

I think people, other than breeders, need to understand what is involved in raising a litter of puppies.

Pictures taken just after cleaning up don't do the job.

So you think people are curious to see the mess of breeding? That's even more bizarre.

I have been back through my pics and have very few messy ones - I always tried to avoid the yuk when taking pics or cropping the yuk bits out. Next time I might keep this in mind and aim for some reality pics. This is probably the messiest I have, the mess can go on for weeks as mum walks around the place, so a mop/bucket is always on the go. I have seen some rather messy reality pics from OS breeders though and the first thing I think of is they could have cleaned it up before taking pics.

1151070_664264476919923_1693746424_n.jpg

At first I thought this was an odd topic but thinking back over the years I have come across several BYB (grooming clients) who have only had one or two litters and could not stand the mess so that was it for them - so I can see where the OP is coming from. (have also groomed fluffy xbreeds in really shocking condition who were never even cleaned up after they delivered their pups - 8 weeks later with full matted stinky coats :vomit: - wish I had those pics)

Wow, looking at this photo I'm amazed at how similar in body the puppies are to any breed. I've just been involved with the birth of a litter of Italian greyhounds, and although your puppies heads only look a tiny bit more snub, their little bodies are almost the same. How they'll change! :laugh:

I do have a very short video of a birth capturing in the owners voice all the surprise, hope and love he felt for his bitch, and in the background my voice sounding very matter of fact and composed, which I wasn't really, noting the time of birth. He was very sweet, wasn't grossed out at the mess at all and cupped his hand to catch the after birth for the bitch to eat while the vet nurses silently and I suspect queasily looked on. :laugh: that bit wasn't filmed though, he had to put his phone down to catch it.

My link

I have a couple of the first pup from a brand new mum. Despite the mess, I completely love how this captures mum's "What on earth is THAT?!" moment while I was helping get his airways clear and giving him a rub. Moments later he was pink and bright - which I've included as he looks a bit scarily blue at first!

It also shows well how un-absorbent an old quilt is... :o After first pup it was removed to a bucket of Napisan and she was then too busy to worry about being on newspaper!! :laugh:

Then a pic of some of the same litter having a drink. Food goes in, poop comes out... These 12 were a full time job for mum and me to try and keep clean!!

For folks who don't get to see this stuff it can be fascinating. If it's not interesting, there are lots of other threads on here...

Firstborn_zps11065fd5.jpg Firstborn2_zps4550b0d0.jpg IMG_5418_zpsf1b41972.jpg First3_zpsd773785f.jpg

So you think people are curious to see the mess of breeding? That's even more bizarre.

Have you heard the saying if you can't say something nice don't say anything at all. It should probably be adjusted in the forum world to 'If you can't say something nice and or constructive then don't say anything at all'

If you don't see the point of the thread why are you wasting your time posting in it?!

I for one love seeing pics of puppies, bloody or not :D