Missing Pomeranian

ash1

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just taking a break from flyer deliveries - thank you for the sign on front fence idea, will put that up.

We're on Murphys Creek Road, just past Spring Bluff if coming from the New England Highway, or just before Spring Bluff if coming from the Warrego Highway.

Her name is Smudge, she will also come to Moo Moo, Monster, Munchkin. She is a very friendly little dog, I can only think she may have squeezed out through the gate, wandered up the driveway and someone's picked her up. My husband thinks maybe as she is so tiny a hawk or snake may have taken her, but surely she would have screamed out (she is very vocal)?

Doing all we can today, but limited because of the weekend. Have contacted all the emergency vets, tomorrow am going to visit all the other vets with flyers, also community noticeboards, anywhere I can think of where people may see a sign about her.

Hi everyone,

Just an update to say that so far, no news :cry:

Have delivered fliers to all the vets, noticeboards, shops, etc today that weren't open over the weekend, also the pound, RSPCA again. The other closest pound was closed today, so will go there tomorrow.

A couple of people mentioned they had seen her on facebook, so a great big thank you to everyone who shared.

I don't "do" facebook, so no idea how it works, a few groups have said I am welcome to "post" on their facebook page, but I don't know how - so if anyone can help me with some simple instructions, I'd be grateful. I do have a facebook account, but have never used it, so can sign in, but helpless from there.

Good idea Ari!

Ash do you want to put the names of the groups up here & one of us with it on our FB can share it with them? Otherwise ..is a link to a basic one I put up, I think if you log in to your FB you can hit the 'share' button & it should go on your wall, after that I think the groups can then hit the 'share' button from their page.

Did that make sense?

Edited by bertie

Thanks guys,

managed to figure out how to post on the various groups' facebooks - I couldn't do it before, 'cos I wasn't logged in - my brain is very mushy at the moment. Thanks for the m/cycle idea, we drove down around there yesterday, but will "facebook" it now (now that I am a facebook expert...!)

Thank you so much Bertie for the facebook page with Smudge and also to everyone else who has "shared" her... the more people who know, the better the chances of finding her.

I have to accept that there is a possibility a snake or eagle may have got her, but I think that is a very outside chance. Our house yard is fully dog fenced and I don't think a snake could fit back through the fence if it had eaten her and we have free range chooks that have never been taken by an eagle (or anything else) - also I believe she would have screamed in either instance.

I have to believe I will see her again... just have to, this is tearing me apart.

Guest donatella

Hang in there during this devastating time. When I'm on a computer next I'll share it with a few of the big rescue pages who have thousands of followers. Best thing is to get the word out in these instances and pray for the best! She wasnt ill at all? As in wouldn't have crawled somewhere to pass on? Horrible thought I know but it's happened in the past with missing dogs.

No, not at all ill, she is actually incredibly sprightly and puppy-like for 10.

Because she is so tiny, she is often mistaken for a puppy, although she looks rather like a miniature red panda now, as she has grey "glasses" around her eyes and a grey muzzle.

She is exceptionally cute and I can just imagine someone picking her up and keeping her because she has the most beautiful nature.

Guest donatella

Yes 10 for a Pom is still young, they're spritely litle buggers and for the most part extremely friendly people dogs. If your theory is in fact correct dont give up hope, a member here lost her Papilion and got her back a few months later. She was in Brisbane and someone had her on the Gold Coast so just keep spreading the word xx

Good advice, donatella. You never know with cute dogs.

2 p/b tibs (microchipped & with ID) got let out by a tradesperson, in Sydney. Owner searched & searched. 2 weeks later, she was putting up a poster at a service station, when a customer came in & said the people next door had just got 2 dogs like that. Gave the address. She asked the police to come with her. When she stepped onto the porch & spoke, there was frantic barking from under the house. It was her dogs. These people had found the cute dogs & decided to keep them.

So it's a good idea to put Sightings Welcome on flyers/posters.... or something like that.

Edited by mita

Yep Donatella and Ash, I am linked to the BFR page and saw Smudge on my page tonight! I lost my heart girl Stussy for only 2 hours last Sunday and I aged about 10 years. She had no collar on and it was her microchip that reunited us so quickly. I'm really feeling for you Ash. Hang in there!