18-105mm

whippytails

What camera body do you have?

For my Canon 60D I love my Tamron 18-270mm lens - best of all worlds - has been on the camera since the day I bought it 18 months ago - only recently came off to give the new 100-400mm lens a good workout. It's still the best all purpose lens out there I reckon - and it's not overly expensive, and nice and light!

T.

I have a D40X that needs to be replaced due to the cat, pawing it off the bench. Both my 18-55 and 55-200 lenses are still ok so was thinking of a Nikon again so I can keep the lenses as back up.

So would buy a body and then a seperate lense but some of the nikons included that above lense so thought that might be a goer?

'm a Canon girl... but would go the Tamron 18-270 over the Canon 18-200 in a heartbeat...

I've gotten some gorgeous photos with my Tamron 18-270 on my 60D.

Check out what it gave me at Taronga Zoo a couple of weeks ago - the photos from 27 and 28 July are with the Tamron...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/tdierikx

T.

Edited by tdierikx

I use Digital Camera Warehouse - www.digitalcamerawarehouse.com.au - they are a little more expensive than some of the others out there, but they also have actual shops in Sydney, Brisbane, and Melbourne - and they definitely have Australian warranty on all their gear. They are cheaper than most other bricks and mortar stores though.

T.

I use Digital Camera Warehouse - www.digitalcamerawarehouse.com.au - they are a little more expensive than some of the others out there, but they also have actual shops in Sydney, Brisbane, and Melbourne - and they definitely have Australian warranty on all their gear. They are cheaper than most other bricks and mortar stores though.

T.

Brilliant, thank you very much :)

I just posted in another thread that I have recently come across www.camerastore.com.au and had awesome service. They are the online leg of an actual store in Adelaide. Full Australian warranties and excellent service and prices. Shipping costs are quite good as well - $16 insured courier shipping for purchases over $50.

Digidirect have good deals too I think?

I'm brand new to the camera world and literally bought a Nikon D5200 yesterday (getting it from my family for my impending 30th birthday so haven't played with it yet) so I'm hoping it's a decent camera! With a single lens it was retail for $1345 or something at Ted's that they discounted to $1,029. But the Digidirect ppl had the same package for $944 (with a $100 Nikon cashback) so the total price of $844 which was a lot more pleasant

• 1 month later...

Digidirect have good deals too I think?

I'm brand new to the camera world and literally bought a Nikon D5200 yesterday (getting it from my family for my impending 30th birthday so haven't played with it yet) so I'm hoping it's a decent camera! With a single lens it was retail for $1345 or something at Ted's that they discounted to $1,029. But the Digidirect ppl had the same package for $944 (with a $100 Nikon cashback) so the total price of $844 which was a lot more pleasant

Just wondering your thoughts on the D5200 Inka if you have used it yet? Im really loving the focal points it has.

Now just looking at lenses that will suit it. Anyone use an external flash as well?