Prozac

Darien

Yea for me that attachment period was about the three seconds it took for the pound lady to tell me he was a problem and me to set eyes on him. I'm very bad at letting things go. Unfortunately separation anxiety is quite a normal response sometimes. If you've been in one house with one dog buddy for four years and then suddenly find yourself in the pound without your mate then I think it's probably justified. Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get you. Is it men in general or just your husband she doesn't like? Mine doesn't like some people. I've managed to narrow it down to loud or exuberant people who loom over him.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Darien, perhaps you could look into BAT (Behavioural adjustment training) with her for her fear of your OH. It is available as an ebook if you have a kindle.

My feeling is to be careful with getting your OH to give her treats as a solution to the problem as it might not actually be overcoming her fear and may be rewarding things that you don't want to reward. If you use treats I would really recommend that you look into counter conditioning. It is not a complicated procedure, but your timing needs to be right and you need to be prepared to take it very slowly.

Hopefully you'll see some improvement with the Prozac once its kicked in :)

Thank you every one for your advise, there is a lot to take in, but I will look into everything that has been offered.

The 5 mgs dosage has been approved by my vet and the bahaviourist, it is a starting dose and we will see how she goes. Misty does seem a little more anxious the last few days, but now I know this can be normal, I will not worry too much. Thank you Corvus :)

The only information I received from the breeder was that she had been shown and had one litter and she had a sound temperament, she was very proud of breeding sound temperaments. I did mention to her, via email, that I was having trouble house training and her obsessive atachment to me, she told me to give it time. I have not discussed details with her and will let her know soon what I have had to do.