Widget: From Big Belly To Babies!

Kirislin

thankyou girls for sharing in my excitement :thumbsup: I think I've got most things ready, I was under my computer table yesterday wrestling with cords and wires to get them up off the floor, I'm looking around the place with a critical eye thinking what's a puppy going to get into that she should not. I'm sure I'll find out soon enough if I've missed anything.

Her big brother Milton is going tonight so I wont see him again except if we happen to meet up for get togethers, which is quite likely. I would have given him a bigger cuddle on Tuesday if I'd known he was going today. :cry: He was the one born in my car.

Here they were day 1

9428689425_257ac0be56.jpg

5F6A7138dppt by kirislin, on Flickr

so tiny. :heart:

You could make the place like Fort Knox and I'm sure that little munchkin will find something random :D

Very excited for you Kirislin, that little girl is going to have the best life ever and she will bring you much joy.

Now just to convince the whippets :laugh:

I'm trying to think of everything, I've even bought the extra strong pain killers for myself today so I can be more active with her without my broken body hindering me too much.

Got all excited when I saw the local butcher had a big bag of chicken wing tips, perfect for a tiny puppy to chew so they're all bagged up in small portions now and into the freezer, apart from enough for a meal tomorrow. Isn't it funny the things that make us happy.

:rofl: :laugh: You are so funny, I think you're almost as excited as I am! Thankyou for coming along for the ride with me. :thumbsup:

I'm already planning her meals because Marcus doesn't feed dry food so I want to give her good food to help her grow. On our (Iggy Mum is so excited she's coming too) way down we're stopping at the fish monger and buying fresh sardines that I will freeze in small portions. She already knows how to chomp them up and I've introduced my whippets to them now as well. Yesterday I froze small portions of chicken wings tips for her so it's all ready and waiting.

I've covered my leather lounge suites as best I can to at least give them some protection from little nails. I've got some netting ready in case I have to cover the lower parts of the gates that go into the paddock. I'm not sure if she'll fit throught the holes so I'll wait and see with that, but I'm ready if she tries. Oh and the camera battery is fully charged!

I am vicariously getting my puppy fix through your gorgeous photos Kirislin... I can't have pups here for some more time yet... so thank you so much for sharing your gorgeous little new addition with us.

Looking forward to the looks on the Whippets' faces when she meets them... they are going to be looking at her as if to say "she looks like us, but is so TINY!" Mini Me time methinks... lol!

Have you settled on Neko as her name yet?

T.

It's finally here!!!! :cheer:

You're probably on the road by now, I would've left at first light...only cause I can't drive at night :laugh:

No, still here, been vaccuuming and waiting for Iggy Mum to get here. She's got almost an hours drive to my place, then another hour to puppys house so she's pretty damn keen to do 4 hours driving when it's not even her puppy! :laugh: She's Godmother though and has shared the journey with me.

Can't wait to hear all about the first day!

I can remember picking oscar up from his breeders, then going to my inlays for him to meet patch before we all went home together :) then that night, after stating that Oscar would not be sleeping in our room, I found husband, asleep on the floor next to the puppy pen with a certain little man curled up asleep on his tummy.