Vaccination Question

fluff1234

He is so happy and excited to meet and play with anyone at all - human or dog.

It makes him hard to walk though - he goes absolutely ballistic with excitement if we come across anyone at all when we're walking. And the same again at obedience - extreme excitement and wanting to play for an hour straight... I always come home with sore hands... I'm working so hard at his loose leash walking but it all goes out the window as soon as there's a distraction. I should be grateful he's not fearful or aggressive I guess.

I feel that pain! Our dogs must be long lost cosmic twins.

He is so happy and excited to meet and play with anyone at all - human or dog.

It makes him hard to walk though - he goes absolutely ballistic with excitement if we come across anyone at all when we're walking. And the same again at obedience - extreme excitement and wanting to play for an hour straight... I always come home with sore hands... I'm working so hard at his loose leash walking but it all goes out the window as soon as there's a distraction. I should be grateful he's not fearful or aggressive I guess.

I feel that pain! Our dogs must be long lost cosmic twins.

And me! Loose lead walking is the bane of my life sometimes. Tank can be one STUBBORN little bulldog...

So glad I'm not the only one struggling to hold on to a tiny puppy when he gets excited!

I finally caved and tried a halti on Nixon at basic obedience on saturday. Every other lab there (about 5) wears them. I'm still not keen, but I have to say it was an AMAZING transformation. No more pulling AT ALL! I also think he responded better and faster to commands too. He didn't particularly like wearing it, but I think he would adjust eventually, and if it means we both get to enjoy walks it will be worth it I think.

The one we tried was quite a wide flat strap over the nose, so I'm going to find one of the narrower ones with a bit of padding and see what happens.