Tucker Tub Review (cooked, Raw, Treats)

Hi all,

Just thought I’d post up a little review of the experience I have had with tuckertub (www.tuckertub.com)

I was looking around for a long while for a local supplier of raw meat for my boy as he eats VAN+Roo Mince for his main meals and my local butchers didn’t sell roo mince or veal mince at a price I could justify.

Someone a while back pm’d me here to try tuckertub and thought why the hell not, My first order was for some roo mince, veal mince, Veal soft marrow bones, beef neck bones, Pigs ears (smoked), pigs trotters and Baked liver (treats)

The mince was very fresh, good colour and no nasty small, I ordered the mince in 1kg containers, it’s a little more /kg but easier for me as my boy only eats 1kg over 3-4 days so I can keep the packs separate in the freezer and only take one out when needed and use it up in a good time to keep it fresh.

Although my boy had a little trouble stomaching the veal I think it was also very good quality, again nice colour and no bad smells, he had a runny tummy for a day when I tried it with him and I think it was a bit rich for him so have since gone back to the roo and mixing in a few other fatty foods to give him his fat content.

I was very impressed with the Soft marrow bone pack, it’s a 2kg bag for $7 and you get a good amount of bones per bag, they come in a nice reseal-able bag which is great as I leave the bag in the freezer and just take one out when needed. He adores these bones and even at 14 weeks old he can destroy the whole thing in a day, they are cram packed with marrow as well so the nutrition is huge

The beef neck bones are super meaty, come in a 1.5kg reseal-able bag (same as the marrow bones), a little bit more cost per/kg ($7 per bag) but I think they are worth it, they are small but are more a meal add-on so they are great for a mid afternoon snack that works his teeth and jaw, lots of meat and the benefit of a something to chew on to keep his mind of those plants haha

The baked liver is great for training, I have been using it now for a few weeks and he loves it, the smell is very strong, don’t leave it in your pocket and do a wash (you’ll regret it lol) Its nice and crunchy so you can take a large piece and snap off what you need each day, then just store the rest in a sealed container.

Probably the nicest part about Tuckertub for me was the service, Joe from Tuckertub covers my area and he was great to deal with, all over the phone, he let me know when he was coming and if I wasn't home I left a chiller outside that he puts the food in for me, deliveries are done once a fortnight to each area and he sent me a reminder via txt when he was next coming over so I didn't miss his run, also if your Metro MEL its FREE delivery over $15 which is awesome.

This week I got some chicken/garlic mince to try and some more bones as my boy loves them to bits, so far the chicken is going down well, no runny tummy and he swallows it like it’s going out of fashion :D

My Score:

Quality of food: 4.5/5

Service: 5/5

Delivery: 3.5/5 - a little lower as its only a per fortnight service but they do remind you when they come round which is great and they have a sister company which you can order on the spot but delivery is only free for large orders.

Thanks for this - do you know if the meat is preservative free and inspected for parasites (ie human grade?)

I know the raw meat is 100% preservative, chemical and colour additive free, you need to use it up in 5 days after defrosting cause of no additives, I will ask about the inspections but I know its sais on the packets not for human consumption.

Edited by JackC