Jumping Into Raw - Advice Needed!

I have never fed ice and don't feed frozen meat, but I have read a lot of bloat research and never seen it mentioned as a factor.

Edited by Diva

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is a story about a husky I think who bloated after being shown on a hot day and then given an ice block to cool down.

There is some logic to the theory - sudden change in temperature could cause a spasm and that could be enough to start a bloat episode.

Thanks everyone for their advice and input I am learning quite a lot from the discussion :) I will be looking into Taj and Indie's diet and adding more meaty meats (although I did forget to mention taj gets roo meat).

I like the freezing meat - tooth brush idea!

I spoke to my vet who thought raw feeding was a good idea, but did say wait till Indie was 12 months old just so the balance is right during development stages since I wasn't confident.

Thanks everyone for their advice and input I am learning quite a lot from the discussion :) I will be looking into Taj and Indie's diet and adding more meaty meats (although I did forget to mention taj gets roo meat).

I like the freezing meat - tooth brush idea!

I spoke to my vet who thought raw feeding was a good idea, but did say wait till Indie was 12 months old just so the balance is right during development stages since I wasn't confident.

Awesome, glad to hear this. We should never forget that meat is the most important part in a carnivore's diet. Roo meat is a fabulous choice, game & free range. Low in fat though so if your dogs are active and you feed lots of it I'd suggest adding some extra fat into their meals.

Hehe, "meaty meat".