2 X Beagles Needing New Homes

Hi all,

I have been contacted by a friend of a friend who is needing to rehome his 2 beagles.

I don't know either the owner, Andrew, or the dogs "Max" and "Lucy" but would like to help him where I can.

The dogs are brother and sister and have just turned 6. Andrew states that he rescued the dogs a year ago as the previous owner was going to have the dogs PTS. Apparently Andrews living situation has now changed so he needs to place the dogs into a good home (poor things, being passed around again).

I advised Andrew to contact the breeder to see if they would take the dogs back, however the dogs were bought from a pet shop (Which is quite apparent by the photo he sent me as although I'm no expert on the breed, they certainly aren't the best example of the breed that I've seen).

I have also had Andrew in contact with NSW Beagle Rescue who have now kindly placed them on their private rehoming page for adoption. Here is their link: http://www.beaglerescuensw.org.au/available/13047&048-max&lucy-p.htm

Andrew has contacted me again asking if I knew of any reliable private rescue groups who take in surrendered dogs? (I had previously advised him to avoid council pounds where possible as the pounds resources are generally already very stretched) - So if anyone can offer any advise of a/some groups that may be able to assist, I know he would really appreciate it! As I say, I don't know the dogs but they seem to have been very well loved by Andrew, know basic obedience, are apparently ok with other dogs and cats and good with children. They are of course desexed.

Thanks everyone, any advise would be greatly appreciated :)

Unfortunately people often can't see past overweight dogs. I always say that it only takes a couple of months of proper feeding and daily walks to remove the weight. I faced this as a regular issue when rehoming from a shelter, people simply didn't want overweight dogs ....

Recently I got a kilo of a Chihuahua cross that I took on when her owner died, she was seriously chubby at 6.5 kilos and I've now rehomed her.

I really hope these dogs can find something. Sometimes I find that owners think their situation isn't great but they also don't generally know about the dumpage/mass euthanasia of unwanted dogs.

These are not young dogs, they would probably be happy with daily walks and a loving home. He may just be being super critical of his own home. I'd be interested to know why he thinks his situation is no longer suitable.

Edited by dogmad

I know of a couple looking for a bonded pair of low maintenance dogs. It is an excellent home - Max & Lucy may well suit, so I will forward the advertisement :)

Out of office until middle of next week, so don't hold your breath!

Reading the blurb on beaglerescue's page it must be an old pic because he says he has got that extra weight off them. smile.gif

So is there anyone here who could give this guy a hand to get a more recent picture for these dogs?

I know of a couple looking for a bonded pair of low maintenance dogs. It is an excellent home - Max & Lucy may well suit, so I will forward the advertisement :)

Out of office until middle of next week, so don't hold your breath!

Have managed to contact this couple, they are returning on Monday & plan to give Andrew a call. :)

Thanks SO MUCH everyone for all your help. Im sure Andrew REALLY appreciates it :)

Thanks again Trifecta - Fingers and paws crossed Max and Lucy are just what the couple is looking for!

• 4 weeks later...

Woo Hoo!! Thanks for that Trifecta. I knew they had found a home but didn't have any further details. So glad they got to stay together. Fingers and paws crossed this is their last relocation, 3rd time lucky?

Thanks to everyone who helped Andrew get Max and Lucy rehomed :)