Vet Recommendations Pascoe Vale - Preferably Advocates Of Raw Feeding

swanqueen

Hi all,

Long time lurker, first time posting.

I've recently moved to Pascoe Vale and would like vet recommendations for the area, preferably one which advocates (or at the very least is more informed / supportive) of raw feeding.

We've previously gone to Our Vet in Maribyrnong. They were OK, and my parents still live in the area so it's still semi convenient to take James there but would prefer something closer to where I am now.

The other reason for not wanting going to Our Vet anymore is probably just me not feeling comfortable with them anymore... I've researched quite a bit about the benefits of feeding raw, so I've switched James over to the Big Dog Barf patties with the plan to move to prey model when I know he's doing much better on raw food as opposed to kibble. The vet was horrified and strongly recommended (actually more like started pushing) that I move back to kibble, particularly Hills (he was on Eukanuba before). Despite me pointing out that there are plenty of benefits to feeding raw; that I was trying it out to see if James would do better on raw vs kibble, and if James reacted negatively to raw then of course I would do what's best for him and if that means kibble then so be it. Her reaction just made me feel like I knew nothing or was trying to kill my own dog.

So yeah... if anyone can recommend a good vet in the area would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Our vets don't question what we feed & we don't share with them what we feed.

WE seek vets that are good at diagnosis & some of those preach methods that we don't use but they are amazing vets that i would trust with surgery & the important things .

All vets will push something but its a case of saying no thankyou .

One of our past vets was the rudest person out but he had amazing skills that was well worth putting up with the bad parts.

My dogs go to see Jen at Moonee Valley Animal Hospital (Keilor Rd). Even though I've just moved to the other side of town I'm hoping that we can still manage to see her when we go to dog club. Absolutely love the clinic and everyone there. Haven't found that they particularly push any type of feeding unless it is necessary (ie special diet required for an issue, or if you really have no clue at all what your animal should eat!). I don't feed raw but from my experiences with them if you have a healthy animal they tend to just be supportive of what you are doing unless you ask for other options.

Hi,

I highly recommend Noel Smith at Epsom Road Vet Clinic, Epsom Road, Ascot Vale 93701900. I have been going there for over 20 years and he is excellent. I now live over an hour a way and still go to see him.

cheers