Recommended Kennels In Eltham Area (vic)?

pare

Hi all,

Can anyone recommend a good kennel in the Eltham area for our German Shepherd and Bernese Mountain Dog?

We are looking to leave them there for 10 days in late July.

Thanks in advance.

Always happy to recommend Cottage Kennels in Plenty - my dogs aren't kennelled a lot and I am a worry wort. Last visit, the dogs were there for 3 weeks and poor Zig had a nasty anal sac abscess lanced 48 hours before I dropped him off. I was going overseas for a conference so couldn't exactly delay my departure but was confident they were in good hands...I asked for pics to be sent mid-trip and I was so pleased to see the condition they were in. As much as possible I board them during off-peak which means they spend a lot of the day in the exercise yards provided the weather is good. The facilities are very secure, the staff are lovely and I like the way my dogs are fed separately and the pen is cleaned without them in it. I send a special diet for the Dally and Em has whatever they have on offer.

My Springer is quite shy with strangers so I was pleased to see her looking so relaxed:

66707ff5.jpg

And Zig looked so fit and well...

09b98fc1.jpg

http://www.cottagekennels.com.au

If the people I knew were still working at Rilton Kennels I would say go there... but from what I have heard the new part owner is an idiot and drove away all the staff members I knew who genuinely cared about the animals in their care. He's employed all his mates instead so I can't guarantee the quality of care there anymore.

I feel sorry for the other owners.

I'd second Cottage Kennels, It's just down the road from me, looks fantastic from the outside with a neat, clean property (it's ALWAYS so neat and clean) and I also met one of the girls who works there and she's lovely.