Cat/pet Theft On Today Tonight Adelaide

Parkeyre

Did anyone happen to save a copy of the Today Tonight show from last night (July 1st, 2013) regarding the allegedly stolen cat?

It was called something like "Who Would Steal a Precious Family Pet"? There's some footage on it I am hoping to gain a copy of.

Thanks

Haven't got a copy but this programme is starting to piss me off.

The precious family pet was a 20 year old cat on medication that the owners left out in the front yard, with the gates open, while they went out.

They checked the front security tape a few days later & saw what had occurred.

The cat was seen wandering out of the yard onto the street.

Someone paid attention to the cat & then later legs were seen & the cat was put into a carrier box. No clue as to if it was the same people.

The follow on story was that someone picked it up thinking it was a stray. Kept it for a week & then took it to the vet. The vet euthanised the cat.

Why the hell would anyone let this old cat that was not well, would have to have failing eye sight & hearing out alone ?

Why the hell would anyone let this old cat that was not well, would have to have failing eye sight & hearing out alone ?

Couldn't agree more. I often wonder how it happens when I read "little xxx, blind, arthritic and 17 yrs old, has run away". Has to be down to the neglect/lack of care/stupidity of owners, dogs in that state don't run away ....

Edited by dogmad

A friend of mine has a 20 year old cat that has a fave spot during the day by a particular bush in her neighbour's front yard... but the neighbour is happy for old Tigger to snooze there, and all the other neighbours know to look for Tigger under their cars before they go anywhere.

Not my fave scenario, but it works fine for my friend and her neighbours because they all look out for each other's houses and pets... all are good friends too.

T.