French Bulldog Air Travel

jobostella

Is he crate trained? That will definitely help, so if he's not used to a crate I'd start getting him used to it as much as possible. Apart from that, try not to stress!

Dogs and pups fly all the time, you will probably be more worried that he will :)

Pick flights that suit the dog not the humans my dogs are frequent flyers & fly yearly at varying times & the flights booked are for there comfort so early am or late pm,even in winter it can get warm .

Are Frenchies considered brachy breeds? Just that I thought some airlines have restrictions around carrying certain breeds - I may be wrong.

Brachy breeds travel all the time, how do you think they get from interstate breeders to their new homes?

If you are flying a brachy breed you just sign a waiver releasing the airline from responsibility for any death, illness or injury pertaining to airways/breathing that may result. I've flown many Shar Pei and not had a single issue with one.

Are Frenchies considered brachy breeds? Just that I thought some airlines have restrictions around carrying certain breeds - I may be wrong.

Brachy breeds travel all the time, how do you think they get from interstate breeders to their new homes?

There are restrictions ,just because they travel doesn't mean its done easily & each airline has different policies

This is with Qantas /AAE



Brachycephalic or snub

-

nosed

dog/cat breeds

-

Animals belonging to brachycephalic breeds are more likely to suffer from respiratory

distress and heat stress due to upper respiratory tract anatomical anomalies

which

are prevalent in these breeds, plac

ing them at risk.

-

It is recomm

ended that you check with your V

et about the suitability of air travel for

these breeds

-

Due to the potential health risks these dogs/cats are only accepted for travel at

owner’s risk and will not be accepted when the total el

apsed time for the flight or

combination of flights between the origin port and the final destination exceeds five

hours. This is a restriction applies

on all

Qantas and QantasLink services.

The following breeds are subject to the Qantas restriction on fly

ing time:

Household Pet

Air Travel Guide

-

Bull

dogs (

English, French, British

)

-

Boston Terrier

-

Japanese Spaniel (Chin)

-

Pekingese

-

Pugs



Dogs and cats with heavy coats such as Newfoundlands, Malamutes, Siberian Huskies,

Samoyeds and Persian cats.

-

In planning air transport for these breeds,

take into consideration the temperature at

the origin, destination and any connecting ports. Animals travelling from cooler

regions to hotter regions have a greater susceptibility to heat stress and these

breeds with he

avy coats are even more at risk

1371035724[/url]' post='6225675']

Yes they are a brachy breed. Over the years there has been a lot of confusion about these breeds flying and different airlines have different policies . I remember reading something from qantas about four yrs ago but it obviously didn't go any further, it was t the same time they said they wouldnt fly Apbts. I believe there are enforced restrictions overseas.

Eta, thanks show dog . I am painfully slow and inept on the iPad

Edited by Clyde

1371035953[/url]' post='6225682']

A lot of breeders use road transport companies too.

1371035953[/url]' post='6225682']

A lot of breeders use road transport companies too.

True, but they do fly a lot as well.

Luckily my flight is under 5 hours so they will allow him on the plane. The restrictions about brachy breeds seem a whole lot more prevalent overseas. He has never been put in a confined space so I'm picking up a crate after work today . I have 5 weeks of trying to make the crate his fave hangout spot! He is a very healthy dog, my only concern is he does fret. Wish me luck, thanks everyone.