Some Junior Handling Rule Clarifications/questions

Edpra

Im so out of touch! Im a little confused as to a few things and would love some clarification. (Im in Vic just in case its different state by state)

1. Someone mentioned the other week, the kids had to pre-register their dog they were taking in the final.. This (as far as Im aware) has not been published anywhere.

2. How many times can a child qualify with one breed for the STATE FINALS. I understand the DOL rule of three times with the one breed from 1st Jan- 31st Dec, but I cannot find anywhere where the amount of times from state final to state final they can win with one breed.

I have an 8 year old who has qualified with a large range of breeds but has only just decided on what she is taking, so I really hope the rumour I heard about pre-registering wasnt true :(

Not sure how it works in Vic but normally you have paperwork to fill out for the State finals .

The paperwork asks

What breed

Dogs name

Whether it can be used as a swap dog

Signed by the owner that they agree to what ever the paperwork says.

The breed must be nominated to go into the catalogue & so the organizers can see what size range they have when looking for potential swap dogs

The dogs Vic site says 3 heats with the same breed but i would email the coordinator

Pre registration is done on the day.

It just means you don't just go to the ring on the day with your dog like at any normal show.

All showdog has said above is correct regarding what is on the form.

As it is done on the day the dogs don't go in the catalogue but as showdog mentioned it is to help with ensuring a range of different swap dogs.

I will confirm and get back to you on the second question.

Clare

Junor Kennel Club Committee