Milk Thistle / Herbal Supplies

Have you tried iherb here. They have a huge range of products with good prices. I think there are some products you can't bring in, I'm not sure if milk thistle is one of them but it will say on the website.

I have to be honest - Scoota was on Milk Thistle for 6 months and the best place for me to get it was the supermarket - Woolies and Coles in the health food isle. It was super cheap $15 for 60 tablets.

I was going to get some for Renae when she had an elevated liver enzymes issue, but was told it can clash with some medications, and she was on a couple different things at the time including artificial bear bile tablets, so I decided against it. Id be checking with the vet for any drug interactions to just be on the safe side? or even google about if there are any with what your dog is on?

Edited by Jules❤3Cavs

Thanks for the warning Jules, my vet is happy with the use of milk thistle with the meds he is on.

Have you tried iherb here. They have a huge range of products with good prices. I think there are some products you can't bring in, I'm not sure if milk thistle is one of them but it will say on the website.

Thanks, but would rather not buy overseas due to shipping time etc.

Google Robert McDowell

Cheers, will have a look around that site :)

I have to be honest - Scoota was on Milk Thistle for 6 months and the best place for me to get it was the supermarket - Woolies and Coles in the health food isle. It was super cheap $15 for 60 tablets.

Thanks Ptolomy :) I got some capsules from the health shop, which also has some other ingredients which are good for liver support, but wondered if I could find a 'purer' source online that could be bought in larger amounts. Do you think it helped Scoota?

Scoota had liver failure and his blood results said he shouldn't still be here - his liver enzymes were through the roof and he was one sick little man.

It took 6 months before he was anything like back to normal but yep I think it helped a lot - along with the SAMe.

Last weekend - almost 3 years to the day, he became a Grand Obedience Champion - so I couldn't have asked for a better result :-)

The health food shop type were the ones I used on my old Stafford girl. Considering she was getting more than enough because I could only quarter them I figured the other ingredients might be beneficial or help absorption.

I'm not sure there's any need to get it in pure form.

However, you could try a compunding pharmacy who would place exactly the correct dosage into capsules or possibly into a flavoured paste. We use Compoundia in Melbourne. They have done some great stuff for us.

Guest Clover

We get it in liquid form from the health food shop, fairly cheap at about $15 for a 50ml bottle. So far it has lasted a 4kg dog 2x a day for a few months now.