What Colour Do Your Dogs Eye's Shine At Night?

teekay

I took a photo of my dog in the backyard - at night time.

see the two white dots sort of lower leftish - that's my dog's eyes...

I didn't think it was that dark - I could see her without the camera but the camera couldn't see her at all - apart from the reflection of the flash.

PS so I guess she's got blue white eye reflection?

Edited by Mrs Rusty Bucket

I imagine the ones with two different coloured eyes aren't really looking directly at the camera and then you get an effect similar to when you turn a prism in the light - ie depending which path the light takes through the eye and getting reflected back from it - is what colour you get, and if the eyes are at slightly different angles relative to the camera - you could get different colours.

That's a bit of light splitting physics described for you - but I could be wrong about what is going on in a dog's eyes.

I imagine the ones with two different coloured eyes aren't really looking directly at the camera and then you get an effect similar to when you turn a prism in the light - ie depending which path the light takes through the eye and getting reflected back from it - is what colour you get, and if the eyes are at slightly different angles relative to the camera - you could get different colours.

That's a bit of light splitting physics described for you - but I could be wrong about what is going on in a dog's eyes.

No, I know that's not the reason because I've seen a few photos of this particular dog and it's always the same. Google traffic light eyes and you'll see some examples.

I still cannot see your photo either.

Dammit the pic looks like a big black box with two white dots on my computer and you guys are getting the red X or equivalent...

Frostyinthedark1369.jpg

I wonder if photobucket will be more co-operative

PS googled lots of variations of traffic light eyes

Eventually got one dog - a GSD but it's not looking directly at the camera.

http://www.google.com.au/search?q=traffic+light+eyes

Edited by Mrs Rusty Bucket