Coursing Club For Adelaide

great idea. I've always thought whippets' racing achievments should be included on their pedigrees just as their show wins are when they become champions. I put my whippets' awards on their pages in The Whippet Archives. They deserve to have them recognised. :thumbsup: Both Penny (Little Savage) and Kibah (Pocket Rocket) are Grand Racing Champions, and it took them a couple of years to reach that level.

Edited by Kirislin

great idea. I've always thought whippets' racing achievments should be included on their pedigrees just as their show wins are when they become champions. I put my whippets' awards on their pages in The Whippet Archives. They deserve to have them recognised. :thumbsup: Both Penny (Little Savage) and Kibah (Pocket Rocket) are Grand Racing Champions, and it took them a couple of years to reach that level.

I just love dog sport. I'm getting ready to do agility with my current afghan hound and I'm training our basset for tracking. Yet it PEAVES me that for serious coursing (even though it isn't ANKC) recognised) I have to travel to Brisbane for a serious comp! I soo believe a dog should be functional and beautiful.

I just love dog sport. I'm getting ready to do agility with my current afghan hound and I'm training our basset for tracking. Yet it PEAVES me that for serious coursing (even though it isn't ANKC) recognised) I have to travel to Brisbane for a serious comp! I soo believe a dog should be functional and beautiful.

Me too!

I can't see why lure coursing would not be ANKC recognised if there were enough sighthound enthusiasts behind it. I see it as being no different to the addition of herding for working breeds and earth dog events for the terriers.

Good luck with it, I hope it succeeds. Watching dogs do what they were bred to do is fantastic. 1 of my favourite things about herding is seeing that light bulb moment when they realise that they KNOW what to do and instinct kicks in.

I can't see why lure coursing would not be ANKC recognised if there were enough sighthound enthusiasts behind it. I see it as being no different to the addition of herding for working breeds and earth dog events for the terriers.

Good luck with it, I hope it succeeds. Watching dogs do what they were bred to do is fantastic. 1 of my favourite things about herding is seeing that light bulb moment when they realise that they KNOW what to do and instinct kicks in.

I think lure coursing as a sport is long overdue here in Australia.

Oh cool! I didn't know there was an actual competition/organisation in Qld. I've been to a couple that have been held by the Stafford Club of Qld.

Might have to look into this further. Book did really well at the last one!

Lisey

Our next day is at Kuraby on the 16th June. To enter email the race secretary (on the website above) and come along and join us and have a lot of fun.

It seems to be a club with not a lot of bitching involved and everyone there to just have fun with their dogs.

There's already some staffys involved, who do quite well.:)

Edited cause the phone wouldn't let me swear and what it auto corrected too, didn't make a lot of sense.

Email sent :)

Hopefully I can make it.