Flight From Perth To East Coast

Just wondering whether anyone knows if animals can travel as part of your luggage allowance from Perth to the east coast? If not what is likely to be the ballpark cost of flying either two small or one slightly larger crates over(cats but figured the cost would be the same as if they were small dogs in crates)? My husband will be over there and will be flying back and forth to visit us so if possible he could organise accompanied if it makes a difference.

Just wondering whether anyone knows if animals can travel as part of your luggage allowance from Perth to the east coast? If not what is likely to be the ballpark cost of flying either two small or one slightly larger crates over(cats but figured the cost would be the same as if they were small dogs in crates)? My husband will be over there and will be flying back and forth to visit us so if possible he could organise accompanied if it makes a difference.

Perth to the east coast for a 30kg combined crate and dog is $100 if they are travelling accompanied.

Well that's actually quite reasonable(is that Virgin?), i paid a fair bit more than that for Amber to fly from recollection as she was unaccompanied. I've just been looking at the Qantas site and it looks like they are free as long as you stick under your baggage allowance and you only pay if you have more than two pet packs or go over the allowed weight.

A heads up - Qantas require the dogs 2 hours before the flight leaving Perth. Virgin are 90 minutes.

Melbourne requires 2 hrs ,Perth ,Adelaide & most others still only 90 mins.

The baggage allowance doesn't work in Perth ,it does in NSW & Vic when you could lodge the dogs through the terminal but i don't think you can do that any more so i would bank on paying.

Qantas has restrictions on weekend flights & you can only book dogs on 150 days prior to travel now

Virgin is strict on numbers per flight]but has o restrictions

One crate goes as excess luggage,additional after that are frieght unless your a canine or feline club member & you must show your card