Hoping Someone Can Help Me

bel

I didn't check my account to make sure there was enough funds for the entries so the cheque has been dishournered.

I just checked my account and I've had a dishournered fee charged to it that's ok was my fault.

The show spec has rang to advise me my cheque has dishournered but they want to charge me an extra $10 on top of the fees saying they have to pay the dishourner fee but do I get 2 fees charged? Doesn't seem right hoping someone could answer this if it makes sense lol.

$10 is cheap.

When i was Treasurer with a club we had a set fee that was more.

The club gets charged & then there hassle of chasing people up as often those with rubber chqs didn't turn up to shows so you had to chase them early to actually get your money .

Some clubs have a list of serial offenders where we refused to even accept there chqs

I didn't check my account to make sure there was enough funds for the entries so the cheque has been dishournered.

I just checked my account and I've had a dishournered fee charged to it that's ok was my fault.

The show spec has rang to advise me my cheque has dishournered but they want to charge me an extra $10 on top of the fees saying they have to pay the dishourner fee but do I get 2 fees charged? Doesn't seem right hoping someone could answer this if it makes sense lol.

yes you have to pay the club the dishonoured fee. Otherwise they can take it to the VCA.

Am happy to pay it was just wondering if we had to pay 2 dishourner fees.

Will ring the show sec and appoligise now.

I'm sure they will appreciate your apology and you being happy to pay the fee. Like showdog said, I bet this is often a bad situation for the club, and hard for them to get the money. Good on you for being willing to pay it :thumbsup:

Edited by rebelsquest