Seeking Opinions, Which Do You Prefer?

Kirislin

Seriously Kirislin, only you will know you've done it. If the last winner did it and you can tell, then he didn't do it right ;) I know what you mean though, whenever I do serious editing work, it stands out to me.

This image just won Gold at QPPA (and APPA too I think) and is a composite. It ended up getting him disqualified as QLD Wedding Photographer of the year, but that's because he inadvertently broke the 24 month rule.

wedding729-620x349.jpg

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like the second photo in the uncropped pair - but the first one in the cropped pair is awesome!

T.

so do you mean this one? 8807765820_0db3c9c2ce_z.jpg

0200 HDR AEt by kirislin, on Flickr

Because if you do, I've also been leaning towards that if I dont use any of the combined images. This one's just an honest crop.

That one is actually my fav out of the lot, including some of the composites. its really nice and represents allot of different actions

I like the second photo in the uncropped pair - but the first one in the cropped pair is awesome!

T.

Because if you do, I've also been leaning towards that if I dont use any of the combined images. This one's just an honest crop.

That one is actually my fav out of the lot, including some of the composites. its really nice and represents allot of different actions

:thumbsup: This is definitely my favourite of them all, but I'm not an expert like many on here!

I know Marion, and I really like what you've done, I just feel I'd like to enter (for my very first comp) something that I haven't done anything to as in combining photos etc. The original photo was actually very dark, it all happened so fast I didn't have time to check my settings, but I was so glad I got them.

I totally understand the problem with a composite in a competition, unless you disclose it, somehow it doesn't quite sit right, but you don't need to worry, because your cropped first shot is a winner as it is I think, and no ethical worries :)

For the wall though- go for a composite- I really like Huga's version, but I am sure any version you do will be just as good. Print it- BIG :thumbsup:

Di

T.

Yep - definitely my pick of the lot... *grin*

I really like the action that it is implying.

T.

Thankyou so much everyone for your opinions and help. I think I've made my decision. I'm going to go with the crop........I think, until I change my mind. :laugh:

Excellent, good choice. Press submit before you can change your mind!