Seeking Opinions, Which Do You Prefer?

Kirislin

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kirislin, both pics are good, there are parts of each one that if the dogs were in different positions and could be put in the one pic, would make one perfect picture.

Yeh pretty much this!

Talk to Huga :D

actually, on closer look - the second one, just because the first one has the dog on the left chopped half out of the frame.

Edited by minimax

I agree, second one I prefer, even though the black dog bottom right is obscured I think it shows a nicer pose for all the other ones.

Thanks, you're right I think, it's a bit more balanced too. Neither are cropped, I could probably improve the first by chopping off a bit on the right side but I just wanted to get a general idea from people.

Hi Kirislin

I can't believe you were able to get as many af the dogs in one active shot as you did, so brilliant job there.

The cropped version of the first appeals to the photographer in me the most, it is more balanced and less "cut off". However I totally understand that you would wish to keep all the dogs in the photo, and I would have suggested swapping the cut off dog for the whole dog too, but I understand some people would prefer not to alter a photo to that level.

I really have enjoyed these photo's, you should be very happy with them both :thumbsup:

Di

It needs to be a composite ;)

ETA Actually itching to try it, but understand if you don't want to :)

You're welcome to have a play around with it, but I want to enter in it a competition and although I've discovered there's nothing to say I cannot manipulate it or combine images, and a previous winner did just that, I dont think I'd feel right using it like that. As far as just a photo though, no harm. Marion's already done one and it looked amazing.

someone said the first photo looks like music, and I know what she means. If I had to give it a name I'd call it Whippet Symphony. I wonder what the tune would sound like if you made each dog a note. :laugh:

I wouldn't have a problem with using a composite at all! Happens in some of the biggest comps all the time.

Anyway, my version:

8809349078_b62b34b025_z.jpg

ETA I can't see the line in yours and mine is exactly the same :D

Edited by huga

Thanks Huga. :thumbsup: Maybe I'm zeroing in on it because I know where it is. It's interesting, you've done the same as me. Marion took the individual black dog on the right in the first pic and placed it into the second pic, so that's yet another option. Now I'm really torn as to what to do since you're saying people manipulate photos like this all the time. I didn't know that, but I see the winner of the last comp has done it.