Research Program Participation Latrobe Uni

persephone

LINK HERE

excerpt:

]This research project is about enhancing understanding of human-canine relationships. After confirming that you are at least 18 years of age and have a pet dog, you will be asked to complete a questionnaire about yourself, your pet dog, and the relationship you have with your dog. You will then be asked to email a digital photograph of your dog to one of the student researchers, showing its face with a neutral expression and free from any identifying stimuli. An example photograph will be provided. Your dog's photograph will be pooled with other collected photographs and will be used in the second part of this study. A separate group of participants will be asked to rate your dog's physical appearance, and predict its personality, based on its photograph. Your dog's photograph will not be used outside of this study. Completion of the questionnaire is assumed to indicate your consent to participate, and will take approximately 20 minutes.<Permission to conduct this research has been given by the Human Ethics Committee of La Trobe University (Approval Number: FHEC13/R24). There is minimal risk involved in this study. As no identification information is required on the questionnaire, participation in the study is anonymous. If you choose to enter the prize draw and provide your personal contact details for this purpose, this information will be stored separately from your completed questionnaire. All private information and data collected will be stored in secure locked cabinets at La Trobe University, to which only the researchers will have access. Electronic storage of data will be password protected. In accordance with the Public Records Office of Victoria Standard (02/01) all information pertaining to the questionnaires will be preserved for a period of five years in a secure location.<
Edited by persephone

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'd do it but I can't imagine how I could possibly take a photo of my dogs face with a neutral expression :laugh:

Haha!! This was the hardest part - this photo is the best I could do!

This survey seems completely skewed to me. If they are trying to look at the types of relationships people have with their dogs they aren't likely to get many responses from the 'I don't give a stuff about my dog' set.

That's the main issue with any survey that asks for volunteers though I guess

Edited by kelpiecuddles

This survey seems completely skewed to me. If they are trying to look at the types of relationships people have with their dogs they aren't likely to get many responses from the 'I don't give a stuff about my dog' set.

Have you done it? I believe they are loking to see if other people looking at our dogs photos see the same attributes we see in our own dogs, could be wrong though.... who knows.

It also seemed to ask a bit about whether you find having dogs stops you from doing certain things, and I think a lot of people who love their dogs (probably not from DOL :laugh:) feel this way.

Edited by Aussie3

That's the main issue with any survey that asks for volunteers though I guess

Agreed - they need to cast a wider net to people who are not such keen dog lovers as DOL people.:laugh: