Hats Off To Cc Lost & Found Facebook

HazyWal

I am a member of two of my local lost and found fb groups here on the Central Coast and have been part of finding lost pets myself which is the most wonderful feeling but last weekend really showed me how fantastic these groups are.

On Sunday a greyhound was listed as missing between Killcare and Cessnock which is 110km is distance. The door on the dog trailer had come open and it wasn't discovered until they reached Cessnock. Immediately after posting a local member had seen a guy at a busy intersection at Kariong (24km from starting point) with his hazard lights on with a greyhound on his mobile phone. Immediately everyone jumped in and started phoning the service station nearby, vets and one member called the local police station. Yes Gosford police had gone up to Kariong and collected the greyhound and held him until the nearest vet was open. Locating this boy took just 39 minutes from the original post,the owner was releived to say the least but amazed at the outcome. It could've have been a very different story if the poor baby had come out on the freeway but luckily he didn't and he was collected by a very grateful owner without a mark on him. I have seen some amazing stuff happen on this site but none more than this.

So hats off to Central Coast Lost & Found and also to Gosford police :thumbsup:

Guest Wildthing

Fantastic outcome and great work by everyone involved. Just wish all lost animals found their way home that quickly! Slightly off topic, but does anyone know what happened to the last missing Chinese Crested from the accident on the Hume a few weeks ago?

Guest Wildthing

Thank you for that update. Just hope she is being cared for someone and is safe and well.

Never give up. We at Iggy rescue just found a lost Italian Greyhound after 9 months on the run. Plenty of sightings for the first few months and then nothing. We thought he'd died but he'd taken up residence under a person's deck and they were feeding him. They didn't have a computer but called RSPCA and the ranger, no one could catch him but his foster carer went out and sedated him (under vet instructions) and now he's safe again.